"Racer Chasers" -- the TV Show

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
The truth is its just a bunch of people on a boat sailing. There's hardly any racer chaser to beercans in NB, like just about none. More than the normal number of hot looking women but it's all pretty tame and harmless fun.
What on earth are they filming?? Can't be the sailing... Too boring... Are they actually following a group of hot chicks on various boats and around the after party's?? Can't imagine all that much happening off the boat on a wed beercan..... Now at a regatta I can see...... maybe... But I would think it would be more a sausage fest than anything else.....

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
When's casting???..playing sausages would be fun... providing Caitlyn is not a sausagee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to school for that shit.

Making good TV is exceedingly hard.

That's why there is so little of it....

I haven't seen anything (narrative drama) about any kind of racing that was worth watching since Grand Prix, back then those dudes really were living the life....

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
The Amish Mafia "reality show" was good for a laugh. Locals up the road in Lancaster would be ROFLMAO when the actors would be at a local diner in normal clothes and then go put Amish stuff on to be filmed outside doing something.

I suspect all reality shows are about this real and even ones that were maybe sorta real at one point have had the "real people" behave in more and more outrageous fashion to keep ratings up.

Shu

Super Anarchist
A friend of my wife's was in an episode of a reality show. The producers kept "suggesting" that she do outrageous stuff. Having some integrity, she said no. Now, every time I see some drama on a reality show, I suspect it was staged, or at least "suggested".

douglas

Super Anarchist
vancouver bc
There is nothing realistic about reality TV.

Years ago a local girl wanted her own motorcycle TV show. She scripted it and pitched it. Got funding. She was going to build a race bike and document the build and racing it.

The guy painting the plastics was told to "be late" with finishing them, and then overcharge her to cause drama and conflict.

So she has a tantrum over her custom pink graphics, and he does an "all niter" to finish the job and save the day.

Then she takes to bike to a track far far away to race it. Except she has no race license. They won't allow her on the track during the event. The camera crew takes some b roll of the event. Once it's over she rolls out on the track with 3 or 4 locals and "races" 3 laps with the locals sandbagging behind her. The final edit has the b roll inserted to make it look like she was winning a race of about 20 riders.

Good thing she was pretty.

Maxx Baqustae

Super Anarchist
Canadian Southwest
Last week a sizable film crew from NBC was in Newport Beach shooting test footage for a possible pilot for a series on Beer Can racing, apparently with an emphasis on Racer Chasers. They just used 2 boats for this shoot -- a 1D48 and a Farr40 crossing tacks up the harbor, loaded with bikini-clad extras. There were plenty of the local cougar contingent on board as well.

Looking forward to seeing some of the footage and how far they take this thing.

Stand back, "Beverly Hills 90210" and "The O.C."!
Interesting. You know Jason Priestley had an Olson 30, along with several power boats and his old man is a long time racer. I know this up & personal as I spend about a year racing on the Olson with the old man. Maybe Jason is in the mix for production. I dunno but he's done some directing/producing himself. Maybe it's time to rouse the old man as he owes me one. Any series might be a little cheesy but there is a lots of blonde bimbo types in Newport to choose from as racer chasers. Just walk in to the Rusty Pelican at happy hour. It would be good though if the show was produced some the real antics (I'm not making this shit up type of stuff) for regattas like WIRW with things like naked bowling, shopping cart racing, cow tipping etc, etc, etc. A plethora of material to work with! All true. Maybe they can get Keith Lorence as an advisor to the producer? http://www.amazon.com/Back-When-Sailing-was-Fun-ebook/dp/B00ANDSM7CHe's lurking around somewhere near there. Done right ? Who knows.

pbd

Super Anarchist
Ca
I was actually asked to participate on TNT, I have a buddy who was onboard for the filming. Lot's of nice looking, scantily dressed, young ladies. Outside of the great scenery a very boring day on the water. No real racing, they never left the fucking bay. I doubt this will ever be seen over the airwaves.

I don't know for sure but I believe the Farr 40 was Wild Thing.

TPG

Super Anarchist
A friend of my wife's was in an episode of a reality show. The producers kept "suggesting" that she do outrageous stuff. Having some integrity, she said no. Now, every time I see some drama on a reality show, I suspect it was staged, or at least "suggested".
Bravo admitted the "guests" on Below Deck are Bravo staff or friends of Bravo staff hired to play "paying guests".

hobot

Super Anarchist
Bravo admitted the "guests" on Below Deck are Bravo staff or friends of Bravo staff hired to play "paying guests".
Really? I feel so ripped off now.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
We ran a couple of their ads looking for crew if you remember, they've been in touch with us a few times over the past two years. Not confidence-inspiring and I give the series about a 1% chance of any success based on what I've seen, but who knows?

Maybe it will be a hit and 5 million people a week will find out that sailboat racing is a thing.

Go Fuck Yourself

Super Anarchist
Fuckoffville
One of my exGF's worked at a local watering hole right next door to the NBC studios in Chicago, where the Jerry Spring Show producers would frequent. How did you get on the Spring show back in the day?

1. Have a good lie

2. Stick to your lie

3. Have no self respect....

This was worth a couple nights at the Marriott downtown, a limo for a few hours, and about $300-$500 in walking around cash. The rednecks of Indiana were lined up around building for this shit....

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
There was a 1980s BBC soap on yachting folk. Howards's Way. Very popular and complete shiite.

howards-way-large-poster-950.jpg

Latest posts