Rahm's new Police Chief on gun rights

Happy Jack

Super Anarchist
Florida
Speaking to parishoners at St. Sabina Church earlier this month, Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy took to the microphone after Father Michael Pfleger spoke about gun control.

"Now I want you to connect one more dot on that chain of the African American history in this country, and tell me if I’m crazy. Federal gun laws that facilitate the flow of illegal firearms, into our urban centers across this country, that are killing our black and brown children," he said."

So the Second Amendment is secretly a plot to make Blacks and Browns shoot each other.

I think I'll put Chicago on my do not vist list.

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=2221691&spid=

Ah shit, this guy's 30 years late on this topic. Cuz everyone knows that Feds were directly/indirectly pushing coke & crack onto the Blacks in Da 'Hood in a thinly veiled attempt to get them all to dope themselves to death.

Sheesh......

Speaking to parishoners at St. Sabina Church earlier this month, Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy took to the microphone after Father Michael Pfleger spoke about gun control.

"Now I want you to connect one more dot on that chain of the African American history in this country, and tell me if I’m crazy. Federal gun laws that facilitate the flow of illegal firearms, into our urban centers across this country, that are killing our black and brown children," he said."

So the Second Amendment is secretly a plot to make Blacks and Browns shoot each other.

Ok, I just read what this dumb-ass said, and I highly doubt that I've heard anything more idiotic and nonsensical coming from an officials mouth in years. Where was Sarah Palin?

Jfc, where do these people come from?.....

Saorsa

Super Anarchist

Ok, I just read what this dumb-ass said, and I highly doubt that I've heard anything more idiotic and nonsensical coming from an officials mouth in years. Where was Sarah Palin?

I didn't think firearms were illegal and what law 'facilitates' their flow? Are there county laws outside of Chicago that make it mandatory to take a purchased firearm into the city?

wabbiteer

Super Anarchist

It seems like you're saying that the Second Amendment protects illegal firearms trafficking.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
It seems like you're saying that the Second Amendment protects illegal firearms trafficking.
Dum Dum has undoubtedly learned his lesson lately, and will be very careful to avoid taking a stand on anything, given that when he does, it usually ends up being a cigar that explodes in his face.

austin1972

Super Anarchist
The imagery of guns 'flowing' into anywhere is disingenuous. Goods go to where the demand is. If there were no demand for guns, they would not 'flow' into these neighborhoods.

This is getting a lot of play on talk radio since IL will soon become the only state where concealed carry is still illegal is coupled with a recent emergence of flash mob muggings and shoplifting.

This will be a summer of reckoning for Chicago. The Taste is going on right now, and I know CPD is on edge based on recent events like what happened at Oak St. Beach over Memorial and the rise in flash mob thugs.

Daley was dead set against guns but Rahm is going to have to either relent or hire a shitload of cops. Since the city has a busted budget, it should be interesting.

If Chicago wants to take its streets back - which it has to because tourism is such a huge part of the economy - there will need to be changes.

With the city council being all nicey-nice right now, maybe some rational conversations can occur.

The laws are F'ed on a lot of levels. There was a purse snatching incident where a lady got her purse lifted and a construction worker laid the perp out with an elbow and held him until the cops came.

He got charged and fined for battery.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Daley was dead set against guns but Rahm is going to have to either relent or hire a shitload of cops.
Shitload of cops it will be, then...

Now we all know that the pen is mightier than the sword, so I say we expand on his idea and say no first amendment rights for people on "the list" either. Why should terrorists use our constitution to spread their message? And another thing: why should they be voting? If someone is on that list, we need to ensure that their voter registration is revoked. We do not need terrorists picking our leaders any more! It's gotten almost as bad as all the terrorist incidents involving handguns and airplanes that he's trying to prevent here. Hey, when did those happen anyway?

I am happy to not be living in chicago, or anywhere in illinois. Actually I am happy to live in a place where the general population is comfortable handling guns, and being around guns, and funny how few people are killed or injured or robbed at gunpoint. I have no facts, this is just my opinion

Mark K

Super Anarchist

25 years as a NY cop, in his case. The whole quote was: "She was caribou hunting and talking about the right to bear arms. Why wasn't she at the crime scene with me?"

Fact is, gun laws that are fine and dandy for country folk and affluent neighborhoods are not real popular in the ghetto.

Some folks just can't figure out why they are not allowed to tailor those laws for their specific situation. This guy went overboard with insinuating it's a plot, but that shouldn't end the debate.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Fact is, gun laws that are fine and dandy for country folk and affluent neighborhoods are not real popular in the ghetto.

Some folks just can't figure out why they are not allowed to tailor those laws for their specific situation.
They are not allowed to ban handguns in the home because the second amendment was rescued from legal oblivion by gun nuts. That doesn't seem so terrible to me, but I'm a gun nut. Maybe you can explain why it's terrible.

What other things are they not being allowed to do? It seems to me that gun laws vary widely by location, yet some ghetto hands are being tied? How and by whom?

nannygovtsucks

Super Anarchist

"Now I want you to connect one more dot on that chain of the African American history in this country, and tell me if I'm crazy. Federal gun laws that facilitate the flow of illegal firearms, into our urban centers across this country, that are killing our black and brown children," he said."

http://www.wlsam.com...d=2221691&spid=

The problem in Chicago is not too many guns. It's too many democrats.

"Now I want you to connect one more dot on that chain of the African American history in this country, and tell me if I'm crazy. Federal gun laws that facilitate the flow of illegal firearms, into our urban centers across this country, that are killing our black and brown children," he said."

http://www.wlsam.com...d=2221691&spid=

The problem in Chicago is not too many guns. It's too many democrats.
Wowch. Can your driveway handle nine Yukons?..... :p

Mark K

Super Anarchist

Some folks just can't figure out why they are not allowed to tailor those laws for their specific situation.
They are not allowed to ban handguns in the home because the second amendment was rescued from legal oblivion by gun nuts. That doesn't seem so terrible to me, but I'm a gun nut. Maybe you can explain why it's terrible.

What other things are they not being allowed to do? It seems to me that gun laws vary widely by location, yet some ghetto hands are being tied? How and by whom?
Oops. I see I forgot to Tom-proof my comment. Here goes....

Amend to add:

"Of course, they know nothing about guns, and are not entitled to their ignorant opinions."

Last edited by a moderator: