Rahm's new Police Chief on gun rights

Saorsa

Super Anarchist
Shotgun totin' redneck (grandson of D politician, so he's OK) sends home invader running.

Home invasion in rural America = not a great idea. Too many of us are armed. :p

A gunman who broke into a 77-year-old Iowa congressman’s farm and scuffled with the lawmaker was chased away by the congressman’s shotgun-wielding grandson, according to reports.
Rep. Leonard Boswell (D-Iowa) was home at his farm near Lamoni, Iowa, with his wife, Dody, his daughter, Cindy Brown, and his grandson, Mitchell Brown, at around 10:45 p.m. on Saturday when an armed man broke in through the front door, the congressman’s office said in a statement to the Associated Press.

After slipping in, the thug attacked Cindy Brown and demanded money.

When Boswell heard his daughter’s screams, he ran into the room and jumped on the intruder, trying to knock away his gun, the statement said.

As they wrestled, Mitchell Brown, 22, grabbed a shotgun from another room and pointed it at the burglar, who fled into some fields surrounding the home.
That's exactly where a progressive load from buckshot to birdshot works really well.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Shotgun totin' redneck (grandson of D politician, so he's OK) sends home invader running.

A gunman who broke into a 77-year-old Iowa congressman's farm and scuffled with the lawmaker was chased away by the congressman's shotgun-wielding grandson, according to reports.
Rep. Leonard Boswell (D-Iowa) was home at his farm near Lamoni, Iowa, with his wife, Dody, his daughter, Cindy Brown, and his grandson, Mitchell Brown, at around 10:45 p.m. on Saturday when an armed man broke in through the front door, the congressman's office said in a statement to the Associated Press.

When Boswell heard his daughter's screams, he ran into the room and jumped on the intruder, trying to knock away his gun, the statement said.

As they wrestled, Mitchell Brown, 22, grabbed a shotgun from another room and pointed it at the burglar, who fled into some fields surrounding the home.
That's exactly where a progressive load from buckshot to birdshot works really well.
How is the burglar supposed to know about the special load? Like most armed self-defense situations, the gun was not fired in this one.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Are concealed carry permits finally going to get into that 50th state?

Especially now that Illinois is the only state that does not allow concealed carry, some local officials said it’s time to change the law.
State Rep. Jack Franks, D-Marengo, wasn’t always in support of concealed carry but has since shifted positions, even co-sponsoring a bill that would allow it.

The deaths of several police officers around Chicago helped change his mind.

“Last year, when I saw a number of police officers being targeted around Chicago, I saw that the laws we’re using aren’t working,” Franks said. “I think it’s time to try a different thing.”

McHenry County State’s Attorney Louis Bianchi supports concealed carry on a personal level.

“I am very pro Second Amendment, right to bear arms,” he said. “Unfortunately, those who commit crimes have access to all kinds of weapons, and our current statute really punishes law-abiding citizens who are trying to protect themselves.”

But professionally, Bianchi must enforce the law as it currently stands.

“As the state’s attorney, I enforce the laws, and we will continue to follow and enforce the gun laws,” he said.

McHenry County Sheriff Keith Nygren echoes the position of the Illinois Sheriffs Association, which supports the “right of law-abiding citizens to possess and carry a concealed firearm for the purpose of protecting their life and families.”

The Nurse's couisin in Chicago is a long time cop. This time last year we all met up at their Illinois lake house, and we heard him describe in gory detail the numerous shootings and killings of his fellow LEO's. We were f'ng shocked at not only the number of instances, but in the pure callousness of the bad guys. They just don't seem to give a shit.

Fast forward to an hour ago----we're 6 hours away from the same lake house for another huge family weekend gathering, and I finally get a radio stationwith some real news (besides kittens stuck in trees and lawn mower thefts). Looks like two more Chicago PD'rs got shot last night. I mean really, wtf is up with that town? We don't get a fourth of the amount of cop shootings in Hell-A. And I'm pretty damn sure our town is a bit bigger.......

wabbiteer

Super Anarchist

A gunman who broke into a 77-year-old Iowa congressman’s farm and scuffled with the lawmaker was chased away by the congressman’s shotgun-wielding grandson, according to reports.
Rep. Leonard Boswell (D-Iowa) was home at his farm near Lamoni, Iowa, with his wife, Dody, his daughter, Cindy Brown, and his grandson, Mitchell Brown, at around 10:45 p.m. on Saturday when an armed man broke in through the front door, the congressman’s office said in a statement to the Associated Press.

When Boswell heard his daughter’s screams, he ran into the room and jumped on the intruder, trying to knock away his gun, the statement said.

Or, alternatively, a really pissed off chihuahua.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwUhs8RJzoM

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
They just can't find a single place in DC where a gun store should be allowed, but the government can be a gun dealer?

I think they could look a bit harder to find space. <_<
They looked a bit harder...

D.C. hopes to dodge a legal bullet by allowing its only licensed gun dealer to operate out of police headquarters.

Emergency legislation that would have allowed the city to operate as a gun dealer temporarily was pulled last week, but the city may have a new solution. The city will permit Sykes to use space at the Metropolitan Police Department headquarters, Mayor Vincent Gray said Wednesday. He'll be allowed to set up shop in the tight security offices where guns are registered.
Any suggestion that the politicians responsible might be doing this because they are anti-gun is just ordinary gun owner paranoia, of course.

Only about 1,200 people have sought to keep guns in their homes legally since the Supreme Court ruling.
"I'm not sure what the demand should be," Gray said. "For me, one is too many, but that's my own personal view on this."
I'm sure he's looking really hard for a normal, retail location. <_<

Anyone know what the CCW laws are in Denver? 'Cuz if they have good ones, methinks a couple of punk-fuks may soon get their asses lit up....

Denver News

Police Seek Robbers In Baseball Bat Beatings

Gang Attacking Couples Leaving Downtown Restaurants, Bars, Police Say

Alan Gathright, 7NEWS Content Producer

POSTED: 2:40 pm MDT July 19, 2011

UPDATED: 12:31 pm MDT July 21, 2011

DENVER -- Police are trying to identify a gang of men who are beating couples with baseball bats and robbing them in downtown Denver.

Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said there have been two attacks, each involving the robbery of a couple leaving restaurants or bars at closing time.

Just before 2 a.m. on July 16, a couple was walking home from a restaurant-bar near East 10th Avenue and Pennsylvania Street when they were surrounded by a group of men, according to a police report.

Two men wielding baseball bats hit the man and woman in the head, "causing major bruising and swelling," the report said. Then a robber grabbed the woman's purse.

The man and woman were transported to Denver Health Medical Center for treatment, police said.

On June 26 near 1000 Broadway, a couple was in an alley near their vehicle when a group of men walked up and "assaulted them with a baseball bat and demanded money," a police report said. The robbers grabbed the woman's purse and ran to a waiting car, police said.

The attackers are “not nice people," Jackson said.

Police describe the attackers as four to five black men, ages 18 to 21 years.

Anyone with information about the identity of the robbers, the crimes or unreported incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 720-913-7867. People calling the tip line can choose to remain anonymous.

Report a typo or inaccuracy

If you have a news tip or a follow-up to this story, e-mail us.

Copyright 2011 by TheDenverChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The following are comments from our users. Opinions expressed are neither created nor endorsed by TheDenverChannel.com. By posting a comment you agree to accept our Terms of Use. Comments are moderated by the community. To report an offensive or otherwise inappropriate comment, click the "Flag" link that appears beneath that comment. Comments that are flagged by a set number of users will be automatically removed

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
They just can't find a single place in DC where a gun store should be allowed, but the government can be a gun dealer?

I think they could look a bit harder to find space. <_<
They looked a bit harder...

D.C. hopes to dodge a legal bullet by allowing its only licensed gun dealer to operate out of police headquarters.

Emergency legislation that would have allowed the city to operate as a gun dealer temporarily was pulled last week, but the city may have a new solution. The city will permit Sykes to use space at the Metropolitan Police Department headquarters, Mayor Vincent Gray said Wednesday. He'll be allowed to set up shop in the tight security offices where guns are registered.
Any suggestion that the politicians responsible might be doing this because they are anti-gun is just ordinary gun owner paranoia, of course.

Only about 1,200 people have sought to keep guns in their homes legally since the Supreme Court ruling.
"I'm not sure what the demand should be," Gray said. "For me, one is too many, but that's my own personal view on this."
I'm sure he's looking really hard for a normal, retail location. <_<
Apparently, the DC government has interpreted their law that says no gun dealers within 300' of a church to actually mean: no gun dealers within 300' of a church unless located within the police station.

Rules are for plebes, and if it becomes politically convenient to just reinterpret them away, that's the proper course of action for government.

Jfc, the weekend's not even over and Chicago has had seventeen shootings so far, leaving four dead. I think I now know what Chicago's tough gun control measures mean------means the criminals control the guns.

Fuking brilliant.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Bull Gator

Banned
Can't afford prisons nether mind keeping people in prison it's why the state of caifornia is releasing felons in your neighborhood

Perhaps with higher taxes we can afford it

Latest posts