Rams post Melbourne...

STYacht.com

Super Anarchist
Amsterdam
I read this bit from the oh-so-informative VOR site

"Cayard revealed the titanium keel rams which broke during the second leg, inhibiting their keel’s ability to cant fully, have been replaced with a stainless steel set.

It is similar to the measure carried out by movistar, who also suffered keel ram failure during the leg to Melbourne, but Cayard will stick with a titanium cylinder whereas Bouwe Bekking’s team has opted for a heavier steel version."

So, I can't even tell if this means Cayard has changed and is changing back, or what it means. I mean, it is just really bad writing. (Note to self - use spellchecking so as not to get flamed.)

My question is who has what equipment after they leave Melbourne:

ABN1 - Cariboni Titanium rams (cylinders and rods?) as before

ABN2 - ditto

Brasil - Had Cariboni Titanium rams, may be changing if bulb mods on VOR site are credible?

Movistar - Had Rexroth/Bosch titanium, now steel, from Central Coast.

POTC - Had Rexroth/Bosch titanium, now steel rods and titanium cylinders?

Ericsson - Had Rexroth/Bosch titanium, now steel, but from whom?

Brunel - well they are not racing, but who made their gear?

(Are there really only 7 boats? pity)

Does any Anarchist down under know exactly what the scoop is?

D

marian

Super Anarchist
I read this bit from the oh-so-informative VOR site
"Cayard revealed the titanium keel rams which broke during the second leg, inhibiting their keel’s ability to cant fully, have been replaced with a stainless steel set.

It is similar to the measure carried out by movistar, who also suffered keel ram failure during the leg to Melbourne, but Cayard will stick with a titanium cylinder whereas Bouwe Bekking’s team has opted for a heavier steel version."

So, I can't even tell if this means Cayard has changed and is changing back, or what it means. I mean, it is just really bad writing. (Note to self - use spellchecking so as not to get flamed.)

My question is who has what equipment after they leave Melbourne:

ABN1 - Cariboni Titanium rams (cylinders and rods?) as before

ABN2 - ditto

Brasil - Had Cariboni Titanium rams, may be changing if bulb mods on VOR site are credible?

Movistar - Had Rexroth/Bosch titanium, now steel, from Central Coast.

POTC - Had Rexroth/Bosch titanium, now steel rods and titanium cylinders?

Ericsson - Had Rexroth/Bosch titanium, now steel, but from whom?

Brunel - well they are not racing, but who made their gear?

(Are there really only 7 boats? pity)

Does any Anarchist down under know exactly what the scoop is?

D
Well to confuse things further it seems movistar has given pirates some discarded titanium bits

http://www.bymnews.com/new/content/view/24319/48/