Random Info for Cruising Anarchists

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
I can’t tell if my feet are getting numb from some sort of aging disorder, or if I’m just developing mondo callouses after not wearing shoes for six months.
Ah… retirement.

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
Well it seems that the all-plastic transom drain plug for new Zodiac RIBs is not compatible with freezing temperatures. It looses all its grip and shoots right out of the hole.
Seems like something they could have told us in the manual. Or in a bright orange sticker next to the bung hole, even.

(Dashed back to the mother ship and grabbed a small wood plug from the damage control locker. Whew!)

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
Watching the sunrise over the Green Mountains from Mt. Top Inn in Chittenden Vermont. Happy random thanksgiving from our old home.

accnick

Super Anarchist
Watching the sunrise over the Green Mountains from Mt. Top Inn in Chittenden Vermont. Happy random thanksgiving from our old home.
Cheers, mate, and Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Looks like a beautiful day today in western Vermont. Not bad in mid-coast Maine either.

Pretty warm here in FL, however, but we are looking forward to dinner with friends out by their pool.

He'll be wearing shorts and mixing rum drinks. She'll be complaining about the heat (they are from RI, but have a winter home here).

We've been having Thanksgiving dinner together off and on for the last 45+ years, so it's a bit of a tradition, rum and all.

I like traditions like that.

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
We've been having Thanksgiving dinner together off and on for the last 45+ years, so it's a bit of a tradition, rum and all.

Cheers, mate, and Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Looks like a beautiful day today in western Vermont. Not bad in mid-coast Maine either.

Pretty warm here in FL, however, but we are looking forward to dinner with friends out by their pool.

He'll be wearing shorts and mixing rum drinks. She'll be complaining about the heat (they are from RI, but have a winter home here).

That is a nice tradition. We’re meeting a few friends and family.

Our son is fly fishing in the Ottahqueechee, I’m thankful for firewood after a nice walk.
66A8AD5D-A479-44FD-B37E-35B8A8F5AB65.jpeg

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
Thanksgiving leftovers:

If you have any stuffing left, add a little water or broth, and make waffles. Yum!
I made waffles with the stove-top Belgian Waffle iron and got disappointing results. I think it needs more heat. How much gas = "4" on an electric waffler?

Bull City

A fine fellow
North Carolina

accnick

Super Anarchist
The Washington Post has a very ingenious piece about sea level rise and its impact on a coastal community in Virginia. Here is a large link, although you may run into a paywall:

@Ajax @kent_island_sailor @Crash
That was sobering. There's nothing like real-world examples to show us what we're up against.

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
Fine multi-media article on the sad state of those coastal communities. It's a game of inches but some places have an added factor like that hot spot. We're living right through sea level rise, people are witnessing the effects in their lifetime.

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 8.55.32 AM.png