hobot

Super Anarchist

FB_IMG_1659920640408.jpg

FB_IMG_1659921040144.jpg

FB_IMG_1659921204530.jpg

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Pop was in Korea, not Chosin but further south. He didn’t talk about it. When I was about 13 I was going through one of his scrapbooks and found a cite for a Silver Star while he was working as a forward observer. I read the citation and that was enough. I never asked him about it and he never talked about it. Years later just before I shipped out for my turn he told me about his experience in Vietnam…I think 68…..when as an artillery officer he had to listen to a forward observer on the radio…..alone……cut off from any retreat…. his position surrounded and fighting……..and he was still calling in in counter battery coordinates till…….the radio was silent and everybody knew what had happened. He had tears in his eyes. War is a terrible terrible thing.
Respect

Unfortunately it's a reality of war, and war is indeed hell. Every soldier knows that a time may well come when there is no chance you're getting out of there alive, and the only thing left to do exert the ultimate effort to give your brothers a better chance.

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
Respect

Unfortunately it's a reality of war, and war is indeed hell. Every soldier knows that a time may well come when there is no chance you're getting out of there alive, and the only thing left to do exert the ultimate effort to give your brothers a better chance.
Grandpa, tell me again how you got that scar in Vietnam 😂

5195F4DC-F454-47F6-BB63-7FF7ED0E1CDC.jpeg