Random PicThread

hobot

Super Anarchist

FB_IMG_1659982507569.jpg

FB_IMG_1659304840143.jpg

FB_IMG_1659805195005.jpg

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
None - just a "whack, racketa, racketa" then the end of the rod broke through the seam of the case and cylinder and locked the rear wheel.

Wow, highly irregular for a Honda, but not unheard of.. they usually have a failure with the valves being munched and imprinted into the piston.

You must have been beating that bitch hard... good on you mate.. I always say "ride it like you stole it." Problem is, I am too old to do that anymore. :(

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Wow, highly irregular for a Honda, but not unheard of.. they usually have a failure with the valves being munched and imprinted into the piston.

You must have been beating that bitch hard... good on you mate.. I always say "ride it like you stole it." Problem is, I am too old to do that anymore. :(
Nope - the 450 of circa 1970 was the only lemon Honda ever made - known for snapping cranks (which I failed to find out via other people's experience). It was so notorious that Honda paid for new engines even in well off warranty bikes - which I also failed to find out until after I got rid of the bike's carcass.

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
Nope - the 450 of circa 1970 was the only lemon Honda ever made - known for snapping cranks (which I failed to find out via other people's experience). It was so notorious that Honda paid for new engines even in well off warranty bikes - which I also failed to find out until after I got rid of the bike's carcass.

Did not know that thanks.. Was this the CB 450 by chance?