Random PicThread

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
….

F6B67A0D-8645-4335-88CA-DFCBAB1212C8.jpeg

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
Poor kid. :cry:

He was probably riding down the driveway in his wagon like a go-kart, and went into the road and got nailed. I used to pull the same maneuver on my Big Wheel, blasted into the road without looking, and had a couple close calls.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
El Adobe restaurant in San Juan Capistrano. Opened in 1948 this fire in 1957 being fought by San Juan volunteer firefighters. Was one of Nixon favorite restaurants when he was at the “Western White House” in San Clemente.

9676DADE-F985-4EB5-9120-E52B507529B0.jpeg

El Adobe restaurant in San Juan Capistrano. Opened in 1948 this fire in 1957 being fought by San Juan volunteer firefighters. Was one of Nixon favorite restaurants when he was at the “Western White House” in San Clemente.

View attachment 537793
The Burger Stop on Pico was another of Nixon's favorites in San Clemente. Story goes that the Secret Service Agents would land their helicopter across the street and pick up his meals. Torn down by the city in 2016 for "Freeway On Ramp Expansion plan" only to be replaced by a new In n Out Burger about 2000' from where the original restaurant was. It opens next month. Go figure.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Did you make it to the 50th anniversary of "Emergency" at the museum?
No, I decided not to go. That show was the reason I became a firefighter and went to paramedic school so I was tempted. I've been to the museum and saw one of the Squad 51's at my neighbor's house (he is a board member of the museum) as it was getting ready for its cross country trip to the Smithsonian. They stopped at a local venue and Tigue and Mantooth were along. I had them sign my own Paramedic certificate. I knew most of the early LA pioneers very well anyway so..........I didn't go.

Last edited:

hobot

Super Anarchist
Washed dishes there, mid 70's when the family moved to SJC.
That place was always darn busy....bus tubs going out the door.

View attachment 537793