Random PicThread

DarthSailor

Super Anarchist
1662339669998.png

More accurately should be called a large outdoor parts warehouse. Son in law number two met daughter number two when they both were stationed there. SIL2 was part of the group that handled the requests for parts from other parts of the world. When you drive into Tucson from the east you can see the tails on the C-5's from a long way out before you can see anything else. I was given a tour of the 'boneyard' when I visited there. You can see them collecting parts in bottom middle/left from some F-18's, bottom right F-15s, middle and top right B-52's destroyed per the SALT II treaty. ( I think) All the engines and stuff have been pulled mostly just airframes unless it is something moved there recently. There is a pretty cool air museum open to the public not part of the base near there too.

this thing fell near by last week 200 years old

1662340693609.png

DarthSailor

Super Anarchist
Oro Valley?
I am not sure it, was in Catalina state park and quite famous was like 50 feet tall with 30+ branches, nicknamed 'strong arm'. It apparently fell near a popular trail and there was little shit fight over whether it would be removed or not, short answer is that when one of these falls it becomes a home to a huge number of critters so no they were not going to move it.