Random PicThread

Poodle56

Anarchist
Perth
Securite, securite, test transmission only.... Monday lifter trial.... :)

IMG_1590.JPG

Laurent

Super Anarchist
Houston
I'm hoping Laurent will come by and identify the pic.

Either you are putting way too much faith in my competencies, or you have no mercy...

No I do not know where it is, and yes, it looks like Brittany, but I suspect it is not.
The photographer, Liam Alford (water mark at the top of the picture), is apparently based in Conrwall, and looking at his Facebook page, he is taking a lot of pictures from Cornwall, including the British Mount Saint Michael, not to be confused with the French Mont Saint Michel....

So I guess it is somewhere in Cornwall...

Go Left

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Good information about Cornwall. The view seems to be southerly, with the shadows coming from the southwest in the evening. Which hints at St. Michel, maybe?

Whatever, its a nice photo and St Michel is definitely worth a full day of exploration. one of the most beautiful colonnaded courtyards I've ever seen on an upper floor looking back over Brittany.

BTW, one of the best hidden secrets in Paris is the Musee des Plans-Reliefs in the attic of Les Invalides. Where there is an astoundingly accurate model of St. Michel made by monks out of playing cards in the 17th Century. Really worth ferreting out.

Last edited:

rstone

Mobile, AL
Either you are putting way too much faith in my competencies, or you have no mercy...

No I do not know where it is, and yes, it looks like Brittany, but I suspect it is not.
The photographer, Liam Alford (water mark at the top of the picture), is apparently based in Conrwall, and looking at his Facebook page, he is taking a lot of pictures from Cornwall, including the British Mount Saint Michael, not to be confused with the French Mont Saint Michel....

So I guess it is somewhere in Cornwall...
Yes, Cornwall's Perranporth Beach.