Random PicThread

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
Whenever I smell coconut wax my brain instantly reverts to the walk from PB back to our summer rental on MB with my board alternating under each arm/on top of head, wax melting into armpits hair, loose-fitting wetsuit vest etc. Rinse and repeat several times a day.
Wowe! Coolle poeste, notte anny traice of angere or resentemente.

munt

Super Anarchist
The belt
Ooooops! I should have added the part about the security from the original Catamaran Hotel chasing us all over town just cuz we were horribly delinquent juveniles. Of course OB was where dreams went to die and we won't even talk about what IB was like back in the day.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Ooooops! I should have added the part about the security from the original Catamaran Hotel chasing us all over town just cuz we were horribly delinquent juveniles. Of course OB was where dreams went to die and we won't even talk about what IB was like back in the day.
After high school and the few months before I enlisted, I tried my hand as a waiter at the Catamaran. Turns out I was not cut out to be a waiter………

Poodle56

Anarchist
Perth
Happy Humpday Hobot! :)
Happy Humpday Punters! ;)

IMG_1730.JPG

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
After high school and the few months before I enlisted, I tried my hand as a waiter at the Catamaran. Turns out I was not cut out to be a waiter………
I loved the Old PB Cafe when I lived on Claremont Mesa in 1982. Lots of good music there and a nice vibe. The MB strand was also happening with roller girls in bikinis. Fish tacos were the rage at the time. No point in living anywhere else down there. La Jolla to the MB jetty.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
I loved the Old PB Cafe when I lived on Claremont Mesa in 1982. Lots of good music there and a nice vibe. The MB strand was also happening with roller girls in bikinis. Fish tacos were the rage at the time. No point in living anywhere else down there. La Jolla to the MB jetty.
Darn good point on that stretch of beach. Since I was a seasonal with zero seniority I didn’t really have a assigned “beach” or slot to call home so I filled in really that whole stretch for two seasons even past La Jolla at Shores and up to Blacks. My favorite was OB though. Always some weird shit going on there and for some reason lots of rescues. Maybe it was the pier that brought the bad swimmers…..🤣

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
Darn good point on that stretch of beach. Since I was a seasonal with zero seniority I didn’t really have a assigned “beach” or slot to call home so I filled in really that whole stretch for two seasons even past La Jolla at Shores and up to Blacks. My favorite was OB though. Always some weird shit going on there and for some reason lots of rescues. Maybe it was the pier that brought the bad swimmers…..🤣
I remember my dad teaching me to slide my feet on the bottom wading out at La Jolla shores to not step on rays when I was 10 or so. My dad bodysurfed all over La Jolla in winter back in the late 50’s and early 60’s. He had these big Voit UDT fins. He and his buddies would take cedar shingles out at windansea when the board nazis tried to make it a boards only break. He and my mom lived on Nautilus when I was born and he was still a marine working at Camp Pendleton.

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
It was the other side of the entrance and there were a bunch of Hodads there !

Latest posts