Randy Smyth Rescued

r.finn

Super Anarchist
Isn't it about time for posters here to start saying what Randy Smyth should have done to avoid this, without any further information?  Seriously  though,  I hope we hear some details  because I'm sure many here have wondered what would happen if someone used surfboard type amas in the real world.   I certainly have.  Glad he and the boat are safe, in that order.

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
Isn't it about time for posters here to start saying what Randy Smyth should have done to avoid this, without any further information?  Glad he and the boat are safe, in that order.
It is a pleasant change. I assume most realise they could not even tack that thing - myself included, let alone race it on the edge at night. 

Kenny Dumas

Super Anarchist
Oregon
Hopefully Randy will share what his self rescue plan was and how it failed.  Once that wing is turtled and full of water, it takes some real magic to bring it back up.  Especially single handed at night.

Surprised it doesn't have orange foils, given how much faster they are.

First Tri

Glad to hear that Randy and the boat are both recovered! We had fun following Randy around the racecourse at the Sarasota Bay Multihull Regatta in February. Not much to teach Randy about sailing in any weather conditions. It does not surprise me that he was prepared.