Rant II

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Brother finally got a job after many years to fill in his loose schedule and immediately complained that it’s hard for his new company to find workers because…no one wants to work…

Gangbusters

Anarchist
Chicago
It’s the newest excuse to not give a shit about customers. “It’s the pandemic”, “it’s the supply chain”, we don’t have enough staff”………I’m no longer disappointed because I expect shitty service everywhere including health care and am awed when good service happens.
I am not an editor but I’m willing to try. Send the first couple chapters and I’ll get right on it.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
No matter when I call my Dr's office I get "You've called at a particularly busy time of day, and we're experiencing higher that normal call volume. Please do not hang up. Your call is important to us. Stay on the line and we will get to you in the order that your call was received". I have literally stayed on hold for over 2 hours.
The other recording is" If you'd like to leave a call back number press #1 now. You will not lose your place in line, and we will call you back just like if you'd stayed on hold" Trouble is they don't call back. at 4:58 They leave a voice mail saying that they'd tried to call back. But when you hit return dial, you get a recording " You are calling after regular hours....."

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
It’s the newest excuse to not give a shit about customers. “It’s the pandemic”, “it’s the supply chain”, we don’t have enough staff”………I’m no longer disappointed because I expect shitty service everywhere including health care and am awed when good service happens.
As I sit waiting over 20 in the dentist’s chair for a 15 min procedure that costs me $400

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Have you ever looked at what dentists get charged for their equipment?

You think having "marine" in the name jacks up the price...

Decades ago I saw a dental item in the Snap-On catalogue - it was $40.

The exact same thing in the mechanics section was $7.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Have you ever looked at what dentists get charged for their equipment?

You think having "marine" in the name jacks up the price...

Decades ago I saw a dental item in the Snap-On catalogue - it was $40.

The exact same thing in the mechanics section was $7.
My dentist has all the way cool stuff as well. He just bought a machine that uses the 3d digital imaging he has to mill a crown right on the spot. No more temp and wait two weeks. He does the prep, takes the 3d imaging which downloads to the machine and 30 minutes later you have your permanent crown “installed”.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Mine too - he got that setup about a year ago. Makes getting a crown way better.

By the way Point, re: getting the filling, not long ago I was moaning to his assistant about the state of my teeth and she said "Look at it this way - they're still all your own." ;)

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Most dentists make a very good living but I can't say I've ever known one who I would call really rich.

Personally, I'd want some pretty serious compensation for looking into peoples mouths and breathing halitosis all my working day.

Windward

Super Anarchist
100% of the time I call Air Canada from the USA, the recording states that "due to weather conditions in the US we are experiencing heavier than normal wait times" bla bla bla...

I always think to myself Blame-Storming

That message has been there for 5 years.

Reactions: Mid

Quickstep192

Anarchist
Chesapeake
My latest gripe is websites that have a button to click that says for "more information click here" then you're presented with a form to fill in your request. And then, no one ever replies. I don't care if they don't want to respond, but if that's the case, why bother including the button?!?

Reactions: Mid