Rapido Trimarans - 2 x New Folding Models Coming !

MultiThom

Super Anarchist
Benicia, CA
Just because of the price
I think it is realistic.  Not many in the market for a 60 foot cruising trimaran that needs someplace to park 50 feet wide and costs close to a million.  OldSurfer made a decent offer with a swap for his property in Sonoma which is likely worth at least that (of course, there are some cheaper places in Sonoma, but not many).  

unShirley

Super Anarchist
Ventura
Rapido 40 made it onto the Front Page as a new design, 3 years after being introduced in this thread.  Hey Scotty (I think it is till his responsibility), try to keep up.

boardhead

Anarchist
So, do I take that to mean "NO" Paul?

I have been, optimistically,  telling a couple of my NEMA south, buddies that the Rapido will be at the BDD this July to entice them to sail to MV for the race. 

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
The La Vagabonde folks sound rather CLUELESS about their Rapido 60. They know crew berths in the amas will be useless under way but I don't think that fact has sunk in... Leather seats? Copper splashback on dark walnut counter tops, dark blue cabinets, black mast and crossbeams? :rolleyes:

Paul Koch

HCMC Vietnam
So, do I take that to mean "NO" Paul?

I have been, optimistically, telling a couple of my NEMA south, buddies that the Rapido will be at the BDD this July to entice them to sail to MV for the race.
Sorry , I haven't had the time or inclination to visit this forum of late because most the time it is counterproductive .

But to kill a few birds with one stone , Rapido 40 # 1 is cruising around Phuket after the owner single handed it from Terranganu , Malaysia . Good effort from a very new Trimaran sailor . Number 2 is ready for launch ( waiting for the owner to arrive ) as is 50 number 2 which is waiting for it's rig to arrive . Bob's boat number 3 should be in Annapolis for the boat show and Sailing La Vagabonde's 60 should be sailing by Christmas this year . Don't take too much notice of the video , colours etc have been changed again back to something more practical . Currently we have 8 different Rapido Trimarans under construction in the factory .
20220628_114906.jpg
20220628_114817.jpg
20220628_114647.jpg

Last edited:

kruiter

Honlulu
Glad to hear you are humming along. Personally, I am hoping you will be stamping out 40s like model Ts by the time I am ready to cruse. If you are not updating here, it would be good to keep the new/current events/blog stuff on your website updated so those of us following along at home can know you are still alive and cranking, and we can continue to think of you folks in our plans for the future.

Lykke

So Cal
Jason (the legend who made the f40 tri Spirit look like a very appealing lifestyle choice for a couple) made a great walk-through of R40:

It’s a shame that Paul was discouraged from posting more updates here by the vocal minority. The silent majority can be seen through the likes his posts accumulate. Creating things is hard. Optimism is required.

If an R40 is likely to be at the Annapolis show I may actually go there.