Raymarine e7 settings will not change

sailman

Super Anarchist
Portsmouth, RI
Tried to enter this topic in the Raymarine forum and it seems that those are no longer updated.

The problem is the trying to change the display from "North up" to "Course up". I make the change on the menu and go back to the chart and nothing has changed, go back into the menu and "North up" is still selected.

Any thoughts? Other than always head North....

Alex W

Super Anarchist
Seattle, WA
Which menu are you changing it from? You need to do it from the menus inside the chart screen, it saves different settings for every instance of the chart screen. That is helpful if you want to make one simple chart for cruising and a more complicated one for racing that has features like start-line enabled.

Are you running the latest firmware?

sailman

Super Anarchist
Portsmouth, RI
How do you mean inside the chart screen? I go in through the home key in the upper right of the screen when the chart is up. Current firmware is running.

Alex W

Super Anarchist
Seattle, WA
There is a menu button on the chart screen. You want to get into that set of menus.

In this photo I believe that you want to get into the "View and Motion" submenu, but since I'm not on my boat I don't remember for sure:

LighthouseII_v2_Raymarine.jpg

The home button is upper left, the menu button is upper right and the one that you want to use to change your view.

WHK

Super Anarchist
Newport, RI
Will - Make sure the autohelm is on since that is what you have on your boat for the compass reference. Try a factory reset and see if that helps. Save all your settings first. Procedure is below. See if that fixes it. If so, restore your settings.

Switch OFF the power to your MFD using the MFD's POWER button. After the MFD has been switched OFF, press and hold the BACK button in while switching ON power to your MFD. Continue to hold the BACK button pressed until the Raymarine Intialization menu is displayed. Release the BACK button.

sailman

Super Anarchist
Portsmouth, RI
Update:

I did the reset with the back button and that did not correct the problem. I went into the menu and did a factory setting reset and that did the trick. Now I need to go back and re-customize the screens like I had them.... <_< .

Thanks for the help!

Will Museler