Real College Football 2010

barleymalt

Super Anarchist
Michigan
I have mixed feelings about it. For years that has been the game that usually decided the Big 10, with all the tradition on both sides and leadup. But if Michigan and Ohio State wind up in different conferences, having them play the last week of the regular season as usual and then potentially meet again in the playoff game a week later is kind of lame. But with Nebraska, Penn State and Iowa, it is not a given that that would be the case anymore, the Big 10-12 is not the Big 2 Little 8 anymore, especially the way Michigan has played the last few years. I dunno.

plchacker

Super Anarchist
Mobile, AL
Preseason polls are full of bunk. Alabama certainly looks good, but in the rest of the SEC, I think Auburn will do a bit better than Arkansas both will have their hands full. The Vol's are still going to struggle this year in conference.

I still like South Carolina, and hope to see them in a decent bowl game.

Michigan should stomp Ohio State this year. Both will do well.

Oregon will be strong as well.

As for the Trojans, you never know with those crazy folks from Cali... I think they will surprise more than a few.

All that said, I am looking forward to a few quality games this year. Not sure where the quality really is, but I do love a good game.

isma

Super Anarchist
Michigan should stomp Ohio State this year. Both will do well.
What possible basis could you have for saying Michigan will do well? They still don't have a proven (reliable) QB, they graduated their two leading runners, they're probably starting true freshman on the Offensive Line and Defensive Backfield. They don't have a big catch receiver. I haven't looked at their schedule but expect them to lose at least a few preseason games and do no better than .500 in the Big Ten. The Rich Rod experience may be in it's terminal phase with a new AD in place.

And I'm a fan of Michigan.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not so much about talent as experience, which you can only get by playing. I remember Ryan Mallett as a freshman playing while Chad Henne was hurt. It was clear that he had a lot of ability, but his decision making and reads were not very good. When I watched him playing last year for Arkansas, it was night and day.
Hey it's just good to see somebody other than me able to name one of our guys. A few years ago, we had a young QB with a rocket arm that made terrible decisions (Tarvaris Jackson). He washed out, transferred back home, then matured and set all kinds of conference records and even started a little in the NFL. We hope to be on the other end of that deal with Mallett.

What happens with teams like the Razorbacks (or insert just about any mid-level SEC or Big 10 team here) is that we get a few players each year that are the equal of anybody, just not as many as the top 10 or so programs. So when our hotshots pan out (think McFadden, M. Jones, Felix, Atwater, etc.) we are really competitive with anybody. We've got the fan support, facilities, etc. that get enough role players to be generally solid so all it takes is a couple of playmakers on both sides of the ball and we are good to go. The problem occurs when the big prospect that was supposed to be that difference maker doesn't work out. We don't usually have another one to go to, unlike the perennial powers that several of you follow. That's what happened last year. A safety and a Dlineman that were supposed to be studs turned out to be duds, and the door was open for everybody to break off one or more huge plays against us. I think Bama had about 10!

So right now, we've got a QB and a barnfull of receivers that give every indication of being top notch. Backs and Oline should be really solid. Defensive line pretty solid, Dbacks should be MUCH better (no way to go but up), linebackers are a huge ???, kicker has multiple personality disorder. The odds suggest that one or more of those questionable areas will be enough of a problem to lose 3-5 games, especially in the SEC. But if all the tumblers fall into line, look the hell out! With the '10 Hogs, you'll get your answer quickly with games vs. Georgia and Bama early. WoooPigSooie!

This concludes your annual Arkansas Football Report.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
over an open fire

Meanwhile...

There isn't going to be much competition for Bama, Florida and texas.

I'm not a fan of any of them but that's the way I se it.

I also see Ohio State and texas in the gran BCS final game. Texas doesn't play anybody all year so they will waltz in untested and undefeated. nebraska and Oklahoma will be well out of the top ten by the end of the season...highly overrated right now.

Ohio State , unless it stumbles at PSU won't be tested either.

How fuckin' pathetic

Our only hope is the Somehow Floria or bama manges to stay u ndefeaed..Then Texas or Ohio State will simply be pounded in the final game...Probably Texas as they spend more money to hype themselves.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
New uniforms for Gators and Canes.

55912226.jpg

Canes look like a cross between Oregon and Syracuse. I hate Nike.

Bull Gator

Banned
Jeff B said:
Working on it. Its always tough to figure out which of the marquee teams are not going to cover the huge spreads that we see in the 1st couple of weeks. Especially the openers are generally tough with nothing to gauge the teams by other than hearsay.

Hey gaytor, what's your take on U of Fag's chances to cover 35 pts? Conventional wisdom says it should be no problem, but given as depleted and banged up as the U of Felony is this week, its hard to tell. I figure since you clean up and take home their sweaty towels they wipe their balls with (and I'm NOT talking footballs) and probably routinely have a better insight into what's going on inside the locker room through your glory holes - you would have some insider knowledge. Maybe you could tell through the viscosity of the D-line's semen whether they are hydrating well enough or not.....

Man you are one flaming faggot (NTTATWWT) incidently why did you delete the photo of you sucking cock in the Jaywalking thread?

Anyway given the stupid takes you've had in prior CFB threads and your horendous performance in pickems i'll help you out here.

The Gators are an Elite team Brantley is a future #1 overall draft pick type talent. Take the Gators and the thirty five.

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Jeff B said:
Working on it. Its always tough to figure out which of the marquee teams are not going to cover the huge spreads that we see in the 1st couple of weeks. Especially the openers are generally tough with nothing to gauge the teams by other than hearsay.

Hey gaytor, what's your take on U of Fag's chances to cover 35 pts? Conventional wisdom says it should be no problem, but given as depleted and banged up as the U of Felony is this week, its hard to tell. I figure since you clean up and take home their sweaty towels they wipe their balls with (and I'm NOT talking footballs) and probably routinely have a better insight into what's going on inside the locker room through your glory holes - you would have some insider knowledge. Maybe you could tell through the viscosity of the D-line's semen whether they are hydrating well enough or not.....

Man you are one flaming faggot (NTTATWWT) incidently why did you delete the photo of you sucking cock in the Jaywalking thread?

Anyway given the stupid takes you've had in prior CFB threads and your horendous performance in pickems i'll help you out here.

The Gators are an Elite team Brantley is a future #1 overall draft pick type talent. Take the Gators and the thirty five.
Is Brantley better then Tebow?