Really light winds and THE SHOT

STYacht.com

Super Anarchist
Amsterdam
Voiles et Voiliers was reporting on incredible speeds at more than 4x the TWS. I am not so sure I believe it, but it impressed them...

link

Also VS has the shot now. Two boats in one frame. VS

isma

Super Anarchist
Voiles et Voiliers was reporting on incredible speeds at more than 4x the TWS. I am not so sure I believe it, but it impressed them...
link

Wind speeds measured where and at what elevation? These are pretty tall rigs and depending on the stability at that time, the winds at the surface could be considerably less than what the rig is experiencing.

knuckles

Super Anarchist
Keyboard
link

Wind speeds measured where and at what elevation? These are pretty tall rigs and depending on the stability at that time, the winds at the surface could be considerably less than what the rig is experiencing.
Most likely 6 kts with a hand held device in a RIB.

Cool pix. I dig the transparent wing panels.

Go Left

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Note that the article says "just a few seconds to tack" ("Et un virement de bord ne dure que quelques secondes.")

I assume, since "les huit équipiers donnent l’impression de ne pas faire grand-chose." ("The eight sailors gave the impression that this was no big deal") that USA 17 still has not "tacked in anger".

teamvmg

Super Anarchist
link

Needs a couple of plastic goldfish hanging inside!

STYacht.com

Super Anarchist
Amsterdam
It looks almost like A5 is sporting one lightly curved C board and one straight board. Do you think that is on purpose? ;-)

I really hope the is just the illusion of the angle and they have sorted out there foils by this time.

Hobiejoe

icon_lol.gif
And I now need a new keyboard.

southseasbill

Super Anarchist
Note that the article says "just a few seconds to tack" ("Et un virement de bord ne dure que quelques secondes.")
I assume, since "les huit équipiers donnent l'impression de ne pas faire grand-chose." ("The eight sailors gave the impression that this was no big deal") that USA 17 still has not "tacked in anger".
James doesn't get need to get angry to tack USA 17.

link

Welcome the Chinese New Year with these colorful, sun-catching goldfish, a traditional Chinese symbol of good fortune.

goodluck-goldfish-chinese-new-year-craft-photo-420-FF0106ALMDA01.jpg

Good Luck Goldfish

Last edited by a moderator:

DJL

I assume, since "les huit équipiers donnent l'impression de ne pas faire grand-chose." ("The eight sailors gave the impression that this was no big deal") that USA 17 still has not "tacked in anger".
James doesn't get need to get angry to tack USA 17.
That second line translates better as "The eight crewmembers gave the impression that they weren't working hard." Aren't motors great?!

Latest posts