Recon diary

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Sound quality was ok for me. Not perfect but completely understandable
Played it on bigger sound monitor speakers, will go with something more right-sized and listen again.

From what I did hear, Matteo said it was good from a media perspective for guys like Mozzy (and so of course therefore for us too), but he also mentioned - as Mozzy has done - having to try to sift the enormous amount of cloud material to in his case the team, and in Mozzy's case to the wider world.

The discussion about how much sailor interest there is, was an interesting facet too.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
This could go here or in ineos thread, but I'll go here.
It has clearly been a few weeks since the viewing of the Brit LEQ12. From what I can gather it still has not even got wet? Is that true? Or has it been towed and we just haven't seen pictures?

If so I do wonder why. Will the foils that were shown ever get wet (and thus counted).
Are they waiting a bit to see what others do first? (They could already have got ideas from a few other teams and I think they were one of the first on the water last time).
Was the interregnum planned?
Or is it negative reasons such as it not actually being finished or weather issues.

Any ideas?

JHT

Doesn't the advent of semi open source recon footage, just mean that the real recon game, for differential advantage, moves (back) to intelligence garnered from suppliers, leaks, gossip amongst the staff, teams, designers, builders, etc.?

Ie, everyone gets the base data, so the game is no longer about chase boats on each of the teams and goes back to working traditional intelligence better than your competitors?

By the time most of the innovations are in the water, especially the later ones, it's getting too late to copy effectively as teams are more locked into their design pathways. But learning about directions long before they come out of the shed is useful.

Mozzy Sails

Super Anarchist
United Kingdom
Going to be compiling an equipment log like this which will link to hours sailed...

0391231_FW401.jpg
AC40 OD.jpg
LR_LEQ12_FW02.jpg
LR_LEQ12_FW01 VersionB_2.4.1.jpg

Mozzy Sails

Super Anarchist
United Kingdom
Yes I do. Below is the example for AC40 OD starboard foil, broadside view
1669110265438.png

Above are JPEGs, but I also have access to the RAW files. Which I am going to use to recreate the above composites again as there will be more detail where I've stretched the contrast.

Mozzy Sails

Super Anarchist
United Kingdom
Which of them has the longer foil arm? the LEQ 12 I assume?
In the overlay I have scaled them to the boat beam, and doing that the foil arm is proportional longer on Luna Rossa LEQ12. However, if the beam on the Luna Rosa LEQ12 is narrower, then perhaps the foil arms are the same length.

Yet, the actual shape of the LEQ12 foil arm looks different, regardless of scaling. Seems to have less radius in it's initial bend away from the hull

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
In the overlay I have scaled them to the boat beam, and doing that the foil arm is proportional longer on Luna Rossa LEQ12. However, if the beam on the Luna Rosa LEQ12 is narrower, then perhaps the foil arms are the same length.

Yet, the actual shape of the LEQ12 foil arm looks different, regardless of scaling. Seems to have less radius in it's initial bend away from the hull
Thanks, yes, I meant proportionally longer. I think that makes sense as they can get closer to the AC75 config, irrespective of beam

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
From there and according to RG anyway,

Emirates Team New Zealand, in placing its faith in the AC40 platform would seem to be the worst affected of the five America's Cup teams, with one boat that is damaged and must be repaired, and a second AC40 which needs a potentially awkward retrofit. Plus because they are only allowed one LEQ12 hull surface under the rules, their second AC40 must stay in one design mode.