Recon diary

I thought you bathed yourself in the rules.

In the Tech Regs...

10.2 (d) Decisions within RMPs shall be made by a majority vote. In the event of a tie, a casting vote shall be
given to:
(i) the Defender, for the RMP that follows the Challenger of Record; and
(ii) the Challenger of Record, for all other RMPs.

10.3d An RMP may ask an Observed Competitor for a recommendation of suitable local personnel but
shall not be obliged to follow that recommendation.

Mozzy Sails

Super Anarchist
United Kingdom
It was more the tone of the way it's being reported that has annoyed me, I get that they might not be fully up to speed, or that some stuff isn't shared.

I just think the whole thing would have more authenticity if it was formatted and presented like an actual recon report.

Richard Gladwell must be getting some of the same stuff, and whilst he doesn't add much, at least it's a decent dump of photos, track plot of the day, some facts about wind speed, direct and sailing area.

i
It was more the tone of the way it's being reported that has annoyed me, I get that they might not be fully up to speed, or that some stuff isn't shared.

I just think the whole thing would have more authenticity if it was formatted and presented like an actual recon report.

Richard Gladwell must be getting some of the same stuff, and whilst he doesn't add much, at least it's a decent dump of photos, track plot of the day, some facts about wind speed, direct and sailing area.
t will come.

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
I genuinely have no idea what scalloping is, never heard the term in sailing before.

Quite commonly used, maybe more in keelboats? I think of it as one way to point higher than max VMG, when the occasion arises.

• Test to windward constantly. Once you have speed and are trimmed in, try pointing higher in flat water or if wave conditions allow. Trim harder and flatten your sails. You probably can head up further than you thought. If you start to lose speed, ease and head back down. Repeating this as a cycle is called scalloping.

Mozzy Sails

Super Anarchist
United Kingdom
Quite commonly used, maybe more in keelboats? I think of it as one way to point higher than max VMG, when the occasion arises.

• Test to windward constantly. Once you have speed and are trimmed in, try pointing higher in flat water or if wave conditions allow. Trim harder and flatten your sails. You probably can head up further than you thought. If you start to lose speed, ease and head back down. Repeating this as a cycle is called scalloping.
Wow, I guess the scallop is a reference to shape the course takes then?

I told a lie, I have heard scalloping in terms of boats, but it was referring to the scallops in a jib luff for a hanked sail when the halyard is eased. But I never thought of that as a nautical / boating term, just a pretty common word to describe shape.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Because they knew it was a waste of time filming it.
Reading your slavishness and obedience to your cult leader at the same time as I am reading about the world crisis, I can't help feeling you missed your time and place. Had you been borne in Russia you could even now be praising the brilliance of Putin's tactical regrouping, or exalting over his peaceful and fair negotiations.

Other cults are available

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Reading your slavishness and obedience to your cult leader at the same time as I am reading about the world crisis, I can't help feeling you missed your time and place. Had you been borne in Russia you could even now be praising the brilliance of Putin's tactical regrouping, or exalting over his peaceful and fair negotiations.

Other cults are available
Ugh take this bullshit to the Ukraine thread asshole.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I subscribe to YT and so see everything commercial-free. Are non-subscribers able to watch these AC videos without hassle too? They may also be hosted on FB and/or IG or elsewhere, not sure if those are viable and easier alternatives.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
From a FB friend,

Recon is onsite in Pensacola this morning for launching of boat. LR and Ineos are later in the week

The Recon diaries now have quite a bit of content up on the YT page. Still a little amateurish in its production, but I guess they're still in the process of selling the product. Definitely not up to the standard of Drive to survive yet, but it definitely has potential.
I don't think there is any intention for the raw Recon outputs o become a Netflix show. Those are two different animals needing two different groups of people.