Republicans have hit rock bottom

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter

can she take Texas also?
She'll fight for a lying, cheating, stealing, rapist, draft dodging slum lord, slum bag. but not the rights of the average American working citizens.
Take away all the government money she (her state) gets then see her crying. About fairness.
I'm pro Texas and Arizona seceding. Who will take them Mexico, Russia, Iran oh wait Cuba as Ted as connections there.
Wait include Florida, The King already has a palace/temple there. With Florida gone social security becomes solvent. And the blue states will stop supporting the handout red states.

Last edited:

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
can she take Texas also?
She'll fight for a lying, cheating, stealing, rapist, draft dodging slum lord, slum bag. but not the rights of the average American working citizens.
Take away all the government money she (her state) gets then see her crying. About fairness.
I'm pro Texas and Arizona seceding. Who will take them Mexico, Russia, Iran oh wait Cuba as Ted as connections there.
Wait include Florida, The King already has a palace/temple there. With Florida gone social security becomes solvent. And the blue states will stop supporting the handout red states.
Sorry, the Constitution does not allow secession. A declaration of war will work nicely instead.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
How did so many Americans get so fucked in the head?

Can it be simple gullibility?
There have always been a small number of crazies, more than in most countries because the frontier attracts & encourages them. And Americans have been very reluctant to let go of the idea that pioneer days are no more; indeed some people would rather kill themselves and their families rather than admit they are not bold he-men exploring untamed wilderness... definitive crazy.

The problem is that since Nixon, the craziness has been increasingly the Republican "brand" and violent anti-social or even sociopathic behavior is praised as patriotism, hatred for foreigners & Jews & niggers has been channeled into hatred for Democrats. All this is big business, Alex Jones is just one example of a guy who has become incredibly rich by screaming bullshit hateful lies to an increasingly alienated and isolated-from-reality "base."

It's taken 40-odd years but they have finally built a ramp to the take-off point for Team Red Jonestown. Hydroxychloroquine was just the opener.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
There have always been a small number of crazies, more than in most countries because the frontier attracts & encourages them. And Americans have been very reluctant to let go of the idea that pioneer days are no more; indeed some people would rather kill themselves and their families rather than admit they are not bold he-men exploring untamed wilderness... definitive crazy.

The problem is that since Nixon, the craziness has been increasingly the Republican "brand" and violent anti-social or even sociopathic behavior is praised as patriotism, hatred for foreigners & Jews & niggers has been channeled into hatred for Democrats. All this is big business, Alex Jones is just one example of a guy who has become incredibly rich by screaming bullshit hateful lies to an increasingly alienated and isolated-from-reality "base."

It's taken 40-odd years but they have finally built a ramp to the take-off point for Team Red Jonestown. Hydroxychloroquine was just the opener.
That explains what has happened but not the why.

Is it simply the size of America means huge numbers of stupid, gullible people?

Is it a failing of the education system?

Is it a hangover from leaded gas pollution?

Is it something in the water?

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC

I think it is the rising culture of unbridled, unreasoning greed. Over the same time frame, we have gone from a culture where hard work and stewardship was understood and valued to a culture where work is for suckers and there is no such thing as too rich; our gov't has always been a big money-go-round and so with the lowering of taxes we have a new era of robber barons with far less conscience and no shame. They buy influence to make more money and the power of advertising makes politicians believe that they can screw their constituents endlessly and still get reelected as long as they can afford big media blitzes.

IMHO the rise of the RWNJ hate-spew media came from back-channel money. Rush Limbaugh only advertised one product, an arthritis liniment, yet he became very wealthy pretty early on. How did he get co-opted to be on the USA's armed forces broadcasts?

It's also easy to draw parallel lines to decay in education, how many high school kids today can outline the branches of gov't and their function?

It would seem a lot of Americans are uneducated peasants at heart.
Yep, with a powerful psychological need to hate somebody. Scapegoats have always been popular. And the vast media blitz has been so pervasive that a heck of a lot of "reasonable" Republicans are publicly saying that Trump has been a disaster... and they hope they are not "forced" to vote for him in 2024.

The plutocrats have almost destroyed democracy and they've been shredding the economy. The real wealth of a country is in it's people... smart people who work hard and cooperate and have rational goals. I don't think the USA has that anymore and I don't think it can be rebuilt without ~35% of our population being removed by one means or another.

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA

I think some of the above. A lack of reasonable education, certainly. Exposure to evangelical fundamentalist "Christianity" also. But what I don't understand is the seething anger, which is looking for an escape in hatred of minorities and liberals. Where the hell did that come from?

EDIT: Steam Flyer got there before me. ^^^ read this.

MaxHeadroom

Super Anarchist
I don't think the USA has that anymore and I don't think it can be rebuilt without ~35% of our population being removed by one means or another.
With climate change, the incidents of new pathogens will most likely increase. First COVID, now Monkeypox. Perhaps a return of Polio or Smallpox?

Maybe an outbreak of Ebola or Marburg to make things interesting....

That 35% also equates closely to the anti-vax crowd. It will take some time, but Darwin will ultimately win out.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
what I don't understand is the seething anger, which is looking for an escape in hatred of minorities and liberals. Where the hell did that come from?
I think that one is easy - wealth disparity.

Most of the seething anger is coming from the low end trailer trash segment of the population who know they will never make it. Blaming immigrants, brown people, Jews etc. has always been the standard response to that - anybody but the people who have actually caused it.

That's where the stupidity and gullibility come in.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC

Most of the seething anger is coming from the low end trailer trash segment of the population who know they will never make it. Blaming immigrants, brown people, Jews etc. has always been the standard response to that - anybody but the people who have actually caused it.

That's where the stupidity and gullibility come in.

Imagine the 1890s inhabitants of a factory town rallying in front of the factory store, yelling NO UNION - LONGER HOURS - LOWER PAY - WE LOVE YOU, ROBBER BARON!!

Liquid

NFLTG
Over there
How did so many Americans get so fucked in the head?

Can it be simple gullibility?

I blame it on religion! I'd wager 97.3 % of the MAGAs are bible thumpers.

Kids are told cultural lies with only the god lie not being revealed as BS like the easter bunny, etc eventually are. No, the lie about the one up in the sky, that one's real, definitely... "If I didn't see you do something wrong, god will see it."

Believing in Q isn't a stretch if you think god got tired and had to rest, cause universe creatin' in 6 days is probably hard and deserving of a day off with a good nap or 2! We shall call it - Sunday.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
1660090840558.png

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks

There are plenty of trailer parks. In my little corner shithole yesterday the talk was mostly about the 87,000 new IRS agents -- their purpose being to "fuck the working man."

Secondary outrage was the MAL "witch hunt." Rather than ponder why a president would take a truckload of gov't docs out of the building, the trailermen have determined that it's an FBI lie/plant.

I don't need to watch Fox. I hear all the talking points ... without the commercials.