Republicans have hit rock bottom

Dog 2.0

Super Anarchist
Oh well, you almost had a chance.

Excess Death Rates for Republicans and Democrats During the COVID-19 Pandemic​

Political affiliation has emerged as a potential risk factor for COVID-19, amid evidence that Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat- leaning counties and evidence of a link between political party affiliation and vaccination views. This study constructs an individual-level dataset with political affiliation and excess death rates during the COVID-19 pandemic via a linkage of 2017 voter registration in Ohio and Florida to mortality data from 2018 to 2021. We estimate substantially higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared to registered Democrats, with almost all of the difference concentrated in the period after vaccines were widely available in our study states. Overall, the excess death rate for Republicans was 5.4 percentage points (pp), or 76%, higher than the excess death rate for Democrats. Post- vaccines, the excess death rate gap between Republicans and Democrats widened from 1.6 pp (22% of the Democrat excess death rate) to 10.4 pp (153% of the Democrat excess death rate). The gap in excess death rates between Republicans and Democrats is concentrated in counties with low vaccination rates and only materializes after vaccines became widely available.

The resistance to vaccinations is just stupid IMHO (I go for my 5th this afternoon) But realistically, how many districts can you expect to switch from red to blue as a result of a difference in excess deaths?

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
The resistance to vaccinations is just stupid IMHO (I go for my 5th this afternoon) But realistically, how many districts can you expect to switch from red to blue as a result of a difference in excess deaths?
I have no idea beyond the fact that the total count has to hurt somewhere.

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Republicans hitting rock bottom.....
As reported in the WSJ median shift in Asian and Hispanic neighborhoods, 2016 to 2020
https://i.postimg.cc/CM3V0vKQ/hispanic-shift.webp
Many other Asian immigrants don't much like the Chinese and dread being confused for Chinese. Its not a surprise some like the occasional dog whistle too. They do fear and hate MAGA racists that attack or abuse them in road rage or other incidents. Its probably as much of a mistake to lump 'yellow' people together as it is to do the same with 'brown'. I suspect education is at least as important as race for this group. People are people.

Voyageur

Super Anarchist
On The Borderline
Many other Asian immigrants don't much like the Chinese and dread being confused for Chinese. Its not a surprise some like the occasional dog whistle too. They do fear and hate MAGA racists that attack or abuse them in road rage or other incidents. Its probably as much of a mistake to lump 'yellow' people together as it is to do the same with 'brown'. I suspect education is at least as important as race for this group. People are people.
Most Americans, do not want to be labeled as MAGAT's

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North

Political affiliation has emerged as a potential risk factor for COVID-19, amid evidence that Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat- leaning counties and evidence of a link between political party affiliation and vaccination views. This study constructs an individual-level dataset with political affiliation and excess death rates during the COVID-19 pandemic via a linkage of 2017 voter registration in Ohio and Florida to mortality data from 2018 to 2021. We estimate substantially higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared to registered Democrats, with almost all of the difference concentrated in the period after vaccines were widely available in our study states. Overall, the excess death rate for Republicans was 5.4 percentage points (pp), or 76%, higher than the excess death rate for Democrats. Post- vaccines, the excess death rate gap between Republicans and Democrats widened from 1.6 pp (22% of the Democrat excess death rate) to 10.4 pp (153% of the Democrat excess death rate). The gap in excess death rates between Republicans and Democrats is concentrated in counties with low vaccination rates and only materializes after vaccines became widely available.

When Floriduh and other R states started fucking with the Covid death figures I said (here) that the truth would only come out later when excess deaths could be calculated for the period.

Once again I was right.

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Darwin is getting old and slow. The Indian medical system wrestled this one away from him.
1664834440009.png

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist

Abstract [regarding Ohio and Florida]: ...(p)ost-vaccines, the excess death rate gap between Republicans and Democrats widened from 1.6 pp (22% of the Democrat excess death rate) to 10.4 pp (153% of the Democrat excess death rate). The gap in excess death rates between Republicans and Democrats is concentrated in counties with low vaccination rates and only materializes after vaccines became widely available.

That's gotta sting come election time.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Abstract [regarding Ohio and Florida]: ...(p)ost-vaccines, the excess death rate gap between Republicans and Democrats widened from 1.6 pp (22% of the Democrat excess death rate) to 10.4 pp (153% of the Democrat excess death rate). The gap in excess death rates between Republicans and Democrats is concentrated in counties with low vaccination rates and only materializes after vaccines became widely available.

That's gotta sting come election time.
It's a hard one to estimate, I bet they spent a lot of time registering new voters (if there were any.)

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Oh Lindsey! someone is at the door!

Georgia election probe enters new phase with search warrants​

ATLANTA (AP) — The Georgia prosecutor investigating whether former President Donald Trump and his allies broke the law trying to overturn his 2020 election loss in the state is seeking search warrants in the case, a sign that the wide-ranging probe has entered a new phase.

The revelation came Monday in a court order filed by Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney, who’s overseeing the special grand jury seated to help the investigation. In an order sealing any search warrants and related documents from being made public, McBurney wrote that District Attorney Fani Willis' office is “now seeking to obtain and execute a series of search warrants, the affidavits for which are predicated on sensitive information acquired during the investigation.”

Disclosure of the information could compromise the investigation, McBurney wrote, “by, among other things, causing flight from prosecution, destruction of or tampering with evidence, and intimidation of potential witnesses.” It could also result in risks to the “safety and well-being” of people involved in the investigation, he wrote.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...pc=U483&cvid=42ad2aee790947a5aed0a989d720d6e8