Republicans Promise Endless Bullshit if They Retake the Senate

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Please end stupidity, vote Democratic.

Republicans have plans for after the midterm elections if they retake the Senate: endless bullshit investigations into the Biden administration. When The Hill asked GOP Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.) what issues he would scrutinize, Johnson replied, “Like everything? It’s like a mosquito in a nudist colony. It’s a target-rich environment.”

Johnson mentioned the administration’s coronavirus response as one possible area of investigation, telling The Hill, “There’s so much more in terms of what happened with our federal health agencies that we need to explore.” In the middle of the pandemic, Johnson, a proud anti-vaxxer, said he would not get vaccinated. Last year, he told a conservative radio host that there is “no reason to be pushing vaccines on people.” And in January of this year, he told the same radio host: “Why do we think that we can create something better than God in terms of combating disease? Why do we assume that the body’s natural immune system isn’t the marvel that it really is?” Of course, the reason is because multiplepeer-reviewed scientific studies have found that vaccine-induced immunity is superior to immunity acquired by contracting Covid-19.

But Johnson is not alone in his desire to probe the federal coronavirus response. Fellow Republican Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), an ophthalmologist, has positioned himself as an enemy and skeptic of vaccines and Dr. Anthony Fauci, the White House’s chief medical advisor. Just last week, Paul introduced legislation to eliminate Fauci’s position as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and in congressional hearings throughout the pandemic, Paul has attacked Fauci and accused his agency of funding a lab that created the novel coronavirus, a flimsy claim Fauci has repeatedly disputed as “molecularly impossible.”

If the GOP wins control of the Senate, Paul has indicated his attacks would only increase, especially if he replaces retiring Republican Sen. Richard Burr as the party’s top member on the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee. “If we win in November, if I’m chairman of a committee, if I have subpoena power, we’ll go after every one of [Fauci’s] records,” Paul threatened last month during an appearance on a conservative podcast. “We’ll have an investigator go through this piece-by-piece because we don’t need this to happen again.”

All of this is bad news for Fauci, who told the HELP committee in January that Paul’s attacks lead to threats against him and his family. “What happens when he gets out and accuses me of things that are completely untrue, all of a sudden that kindles the crazies out there, and I have threats upon my life, harassment of my family, and my children will have seen phone calls because people are lying about me,” the doctor said.

Other possible Republican targets for investigation include the border, the U.S. military’s withdrawal from Afghanistan, and Hunter Biden. GOP Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) told The Hill he hopes to hold oversight hearings on Afghanistan. “We need oversight hearings on this — on what they have found and on the withdrawal from Afghanistan,” he said, noting a military report obtained by the Washington Post that criticized the administration. “I would favor a select committee that is bipartisan, but I think Congress needs to do some oversight.”

Johnson also wants to seek Hunter Biden’s travel records. “We’ve been trying to get his travel records for a couple of years now,” Johnson told The Hill, adding, “The lack of transparency in these agencies. The lack of their willingness to comply with legitimate congressional oversight. I mean, I think that’s an investigation right there.”

Johnson and many of his fellow Republicans, however, did not show the same level of concern for transparency and oversight when the Trump administration was stonewalling congressional subpoenas left and right.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/republicans-promise-investigations-senate-control-1324281/

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Now the House sounds off, I bet they can't wait.

Kevin McCarthy says Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff will be removed from House Intelligence Committee 

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Friday said Republicans will remove Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff from the House Intelligence Committee if the GOP secures a majority in the November midterm elections. 

McCarthy, the top House Republican, said during a press conference that Schiff's presence and contributions politicized the committee. Schiff currently serves as the panel's chair. 

"Why is he still chair of the committee and why is he still even on the committee? In a new Congress, if it's a new majority, he will not be," McCarthy said. 

"You cannot make this committee political, you cannot use it as a position of chairman to lie, and you should be focused on what the American people want you to be focused on around the world," he continued.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kevin-mccarthy-says-democratic-rep-adam-schiff-will-be-removed-from-house-intelligence-committee-if-gop-wins-majority-in-midterms/ar-AAVhMtC?ocid=msedgntp#comments 

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
REpublicans (The party of "no") are already, w/o being in a majority, able to hog tie almost everything they want. Look at Justice Amy Coney "the rabbit" Barrett. . Now look at nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson.

Look at Justice Neil Gorsuch. Now look at nominee Merrick Garland.

Look at all the cabinet and administrative positions that have yet to even have a hearing, because republicans refuse to fill a quorum, and then look at the republicans saying "Biden is weak"....

Biden isn't weak. he's just not a criminal, like TFG.

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
Republicans promise to raise taxes on families earning less than $100k/yr

Republicans promise to end Social Security

- DSK
Republicans promise to lower gas to $.10 a gallon

Republicans promise lower the cost of a good T-bone steak

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
Meh.  T-bone steaks are overrated.  A good Prime NY Strip is the shizzle!  A wagyu strip is even betterer.
Not to y cray cray trumper cousin in law

It’s Biden’s fault for gas and the high cost of beef and the war in Ukraine and ...

Ishmael

Fuctifino

It’s Biden’s fault for gas and the high cost of beef and the war in Ukraine and ...
...and the lack of toilet paper and basic consumer goods and can't get parts for cars or planes and...

we are talking about Russia, right?

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Meh.  T-bone steaks are overrated.  A good Prime NY Strip is the shizzle!  A wagyu strip is even betterer.

Biden is apparently extremely powerful. He's not only causing inflation and high gas prices in the USA, he's causing them all around the world.

And of course the war is his fault. Warm beer in cans is his fault! Goddam Democratz!!

- DSK

Ishmael

Fuctifino
Biden is apparently extremely powerful. He's not only causing inflation and high gas prices in the USA, he's causing them all around the world.

And of course the war is his fault. Warm beer in cans is his fault! Goddam Democratz!!

- DSK
With Hillary as his hit man person woman camera tv it's a wonder any of the opposition is still alive.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Wag my ass. Wagyu is like beef flavored butter.

A "T bone" is properly called a "Porterhouse" steak, and properly trimmed, it is about the best steak you can buy. It requires a certain thickness (1 1/4-2" IMHOP) The only better steak might be a bone in Rib eye.....Once again, properly trimmed. Ya need the fat to make it sizzle, snap, and bring on the flavor.

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
Newt perfected the Partisan bullshit that is pervasive today, you just know it’s all about the bullshit.

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
Wag my ass. Wagyu is like beef flavored butter.

A "T bone" is properly called a "Porterhouse" steak, and properly trimmed, it is about the best steak you can buy. It requires a certain thickness (1 1/4-2" IMHOP) The only better steak might be a bone in Rib eye.....Once again, properly trimmed. Ya need the fat to make it sizzle, snap, and bring on the flavor.
a "porterhouse" is cut from the rear end of the short loin and has more tenderloin than a T bone which is cut from the front area of the short loin.  There is a certain percentage of tenderloin that needs to be on the bone for it to be really called a porterhouse.  I love all beef cuts and can make even the toughest cut tasty and tender.  Ribeyes are great BUT unless I buy bone in ribeye, my dog doesn;t get a bone to knaw on so T bones/Porterhouse we get 

Back to the war talk (unfortunately) 

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
a "porterhouse" is cut from the rear end of the short loin and has more tenderloin than a T bone which is cut from the front area of the short loin.  There is a certain percentage of tenderloin that needs to be on the bone for it to be really called a porterhouse.  I love all beef cuts and can make even the toughest cut tasty and tender.  Ribeyes are great BUT unless I buy bone in ribeye, my dog doesn;t get a bone to knaw on so T bones/Porterhouse we get 

Back to the war talk (unfortunately) 
I've had two salmon burgers today.  I'd prefer not to have the doctor break me open to get to my heart.

Last edited by a moderator: