Republicans want to end abortion

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Same time, in point of fact...
Oh I think the GOP notices a child after they are born. The child becomes another person whose name picks up a share of the debt, and whose potential offspring can be borrowed against, for more money to be redistributed to the Best Americans. 

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Oh I think the GOP notices a child after they are born. The child becomes another person whose name picks up a share of the debt, and whose potential offspring can be borrowed against, for more money to be redistributed to the Best Americans. 
Fair point.

But they don't "care" in the same way. I mean, at that point if the kid dies from starvation or a preventable disease, well, meh, that's OK since it didn't cost anyone too much.

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
Don't forget the Bibles.
I know it's hard to believe that not every one on the planet or even USA is Christain. Thought the founding fathers said about :The concept of a “separation of church and state” reinforces the legal right of a free people to freely live their faith, even in public; without fear of government coercion. Free exercise means you may have a faith and you may live it.,

Was the Bible a Marvel comic?

Mike G

Super Anarchist
Ventura County, CA
Wait, are we talking real American babies, or the "other" ones breaking the law by being dragged by their parents over a random line on a map?

Jesus was big on maps.

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Wait, are we talking real American babies, or the "other" ones breaking the law by being dragged by their parents over a random line on a map?

Jesus was big on maps.
I believe it was right there in the Beatitudes and the Sermon on the Mount when Jesus said:

"Fuck the poor and persecuted, if they cometh not from your nation."

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Is anyone actually surprised by this? Haven’t they been on this path for 45+ years? Southern Strategy ring a bell? Anyone?

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Yes, a long-planned for operation to end Roe v Wade. Getting closer by the day now.
Okay, but here's the condition -  If a woman wants to end a pregnancy and the state or federal government blocks it, that government agency is responsible for 100% of the food, clothing, shelter, education, medical expenses and any other costs normally borne by the parents until the age of 25.  Then tell the Rs they will have to start raising taxes on their fat cat donors.  That should end the discussion pretty quick.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Okay, but here's the condition -  If a woman wants to end a pregnancy and the state or federal government blocks it, that government agency is responsible for 100% of the food, clothing, shelter, education, medical expenses and any other costs normally borne by the parents until the age of 25.  Then tell the Rs they will have to start raising taxes on their fat cat donors.  That should end the discussion pretty quick.
You underestimate the Republicans, they would just as soon let that child die before they raise taxes.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Or they can have the fetus as soon as it comes out. If god wanted that fetus to be a living creature, he would have made it ready to come out by week 2.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
You underestimate the Republicans, they would just as soon let that child die before they raise taxes.
"Are there no work houses?"

We're just getting started on the concentration camps, just wait. using them as a pool for labor "contracting" will be the next development, any day now

- DSK

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Oh, you mean they would choose abortion over raising taxes? OC_SUN~1.gif

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
"Are there no work houses?"

We're just getting started on the concentration camps, just wait. using them as a pool for labor "contracting" will be the next development, any day now

- DSK
Republicans would like nothing better than to do that, it worked so well before.

lost-right-arm.jpg

coal-driver.jpg

coal-breakers.jpg

hoisery-factory.jpg

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
In related abortion news, Hill v. Whole Woman’s Health Alliance made Petitions of the Week at scotusblog.

Issues: (1) Whether a corporation that has been denied a state license to open a new abortion clinic may assert the 14th Amendment rights of hypothetical future patients as the basis for challenging the licensing requirement and the license denial; and (2) whether a federal court may order a state agency to issue an abortion-clinic license as a remedy for an “as applied” undue-burden challenge to state implementation of its licensing laws.
An easy answer to the first one might be "corporations aren't current people, let alone hypothetical future ones!"

The second question seems to be based on the premise that too much regulation can place an undue burden on rights. Sounds like libertarian nutjobbery to me.

Bristol-Cruiser

Super Anarchist
Great Lakes
I think abortion laws should only be made by female legislators and abortion-related law cases only decided by female judges with the cases argued only be female lawyers. Men don't have any skin in this game except for the desire to have power over women.

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
Tom will wander off into the gun threads...
A different tone is in the air. Tom has been in remission on the gun threads, seriously, offering little disinformation or nonsense for about two weeks. And no race-baiting for thirty days, since Dec. 3. 

Let's see what develops.  :unsure: