Responsible Gun Owner of the Day

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Why do you say "so-called" gun rights?  Are you saying we don't have gun rights? I would say they are just as valid rights as your so-called votings rights and definitely on more stable ground that your so-called abortion rights.  I did a word search in the entire constitution and found nowhere where Abortion is stated as a "right".  I also tried to search for the right to vote and it doesn't even show up until the 15th Am, almost 100 years after the original Constitution was ratified.  Yet the right to Keep and Bear Arms is there from day 1 and explicitly gives us that right, reaffirmed by the SCOTUS.  So there is nothing "so-called" about it.  

Why do you hate The Big C so much, and by extension why do you hate 'Murica so much?
I say so-called because everything in this country seems to lack permanency. There are active movements to change voting laws, abortion laws, immigration laws, Trump tried to take away the citizenship guarantee by the Constitution, but was handily rejected, his followers tried to upset the election by insurrection. The Constitutional right  of the 2nd Amendment is under threat because of the benefactors of that law fight any regulation to make it safer for everyone.

Nothing is forever. 

PS. Citizenship is in the 14th Amendment. 

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW!   DO SOMETHING!
Working on it.
Good.  And please continue to use examples like the above to keep pushing AWB's.  Because shit like this just feeds and strengthens the resistance. 

If you guys would instead come to the table and work on a holistic approach to violence then we might get somewhere.  But you won't.  And neither will the other side, unfortunately.  But at least your side has a better chance of being taken seriously by all the moderates in the middle on this if you toned down the stupidity.  The hardcore believers on both sides of this debate are entrenched into their positions.  But there are more of the moderate gun owners out there like me than there are of either extreme put together.  But your messaging and tactics suck.  And you drive even the liberal gun owners away because of it.  

Change the focus from the tools to the behaviors, and we might get somewhere.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
PS. Citizenship is in the 14th Amendment. 
What does citizenship have to do with the discussion on voting rights, other than it's an implied right.  OK fine, that still came almost 100 years after the 2A and the rest of the BOR was ratified.  

BTW - if there was ever an amendment I would change - it would be the 14th.  I do not believe in birthright citizenship just because your baby fell out of your vag onto US soil.  The only way citizenship should be automatic is if at least one of your parents is a US citizen. 

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
Yeah, probably something amiss.  But the news chick said the homeowners were alerted by the motion detector and ring camera.  So it's just as likely that they were normal folks who had a few moments to get ready - and the intruders were prepared for the worst, especially given PHX is a well armed city.

But no..... it's as likely that it's just a bunch of thugs robbing another rival dealers meth house.  But presumably the cops would have come and looked around the house as part of the investigation.  I doubt they could have cleaned up a meth lab in the 6-9 min it took the cops to show......
Not the actual lab itself, but maybe a couple million in vacuum sealed bags being used as insulation behind the drywall.

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
"M-16's and the like."
"The like" probably does include the Ruger 10/22 [I love them!] that can fire a lot of rounds semi-auto, and the very easy mod to full auto makes it a "battlefield .22." Exfoliated Tom wishes this reality wasn't ... but whachogundo?

Hi Tom.
Actually, I came around to the conclusion that battlefield .22's are "part of the ordinary military equipment" and thus deserving of the strongest second amendment protections.

jocal505

moderate, informed gunowner
Seattle, Wa
Actually, I came around to the conclusion that battlefield .22's are "part of the ordinary military equipment" and thus deserving of the strongest second amendment protections.
Either you are confused, or you are deceitful. Your own "conclusion" will not fly or float.

Ahem. You keep flashing the cover sheet to Miller, which excludes gun rights for The People. (FACT: the Miller decision only applied itself to some males: those males capable of the common defense.)

CATO has a yuge problem with Miller: individual gun rights are nullified by Miller case law.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
MhIlZLB4SM6Wpq5duTjg_j2.0.gif

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Police officer shoots at suspect, accidentally kills bystander in Santa Barbara County: Authorities

A California police officer accidentally killed a bystander sitting in a car while shooting at a suspect over the weekend, authorities said.

The shooting occurred at about 9:40 p.m. Saturday in the small coastal city of Guadalupe, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement Sunday.

Guadalupe police officers recognized a person at an intersection as a suspect with an outstanding felony arrest warrant, the statement said.

Killed when the officer opened fire was Juan Luis Olvera-Preciado, 59 of Guadalupe, who died at the scene, the statement said. The felony suspect was arrested.

Guadalupe Police Chief Michael Cash asked the sheriff’s office to conduct the investigation but detectives realized that the incident fell under a state law that requires the attorney general to investigate incidents of officer-involved shootings that result in the death of an unarmed civilian.

Cash “met personally with the Olvera-Preciado family to offer his condolences and to coordinate support services,” the statement said.

Authorities did not immediately identify the officer who opened fire or the suspect who was arrested, “pending additional interviews and investigative processes,” the statement said.

https://ktla.com/news/california/bystander-accidentally-killed-by-police-officer-shooting-at-suspect-in-santa-barbara-county-authorities/

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Police officer shoots at suspect, accidentally kills bystander in Santa Barbara County: Authorities

A California police officer accidentally killed a bystander sitting in a car while shooting at a suspect over the weekend, authorities said.

The shooting occurred at about 9:40 p.m. Saturday in the small coastal city of Guadalupe, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement Sunday.

Guadalupe police officers recognized a person at an intersection as a suspect with an outstanding felony arrest warrant, the statement said.

Killed when the officer opened fire was Juan Luis Olvera-Preciado, 59 of Guadalupe, who died at the scene, the statement said. The felony suspect was arrested.

Guadalupe Police Chief Michael Cash asked the sheriff’s office to conduct the investigation but detectives realized that the incident fell under a state law that requires the attorney general to investigate incidents of officer-involved shootings that result in the death of an unarmed civilian.

Cash “met personally with the Olvera-Preciado family to offer his condolences and to coordinate support services,” the statement said.

Authorities did not immediately identify the officer who opened fire or the suspect who was arrested, “pending additional interviews and investigative processes,” the statement said.

https://ktla.com/news/california/bystander-accidentally-killed-by-police-officer-shooting-at-suspect-in-santa-barbara-county-authorities/
BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS NOW!  'Specially ones carried by the Po-Leece!  DO SOMETHING!!!  

Olsonist

Super Anarchist
New Oak City
Jeffrey "Jeff" Jeffski, noted gunillectual and part-time Constitutional scholar, will be along shortly to just say that his argument is almost childlike: Me want bang bang. No! Me want bang bang! Guy is concerned yet optimistic. Tom will say that sounds Reasonable to him.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Meanwhile we were able to obtain a shot (not a pun) of Jeffrey "Jeff" Jeffski's new home in Las Vegas.

7441_342041515924904_1078142220_n.jpg

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
Man protecting his baby fatally shot in Florida restaurant

2 hrs ago

LikeComments|

%7B

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A gunman fatally shot a tourist eating dinner with his family at a Miami Beach restaurant as the man protected his 1-year-old son, police and a family member said.

image.png