Restarting America Means People Will Die. So When Should We Do It?

mikewof

mikewof
Great, show me the 1 month where the cases went from 1000 to 530,000.  Any month will do.
Digging through CDC data is going to take some time, and you're new here. So what's the wager?

I don't bet on pool and I'll only bet on cards as much as I want to lose. But I'll bet on science. I don't work for free unless I like the person.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikewof

mikewof
Delusions of grandeur, extreme confidence in his own (erroneous) ideals.

either he’s climbing mount stupid, or he’s off his meds.

Any of this sound familiar?

Med times:

However, a delusion of grandeur is more than just very high self-esteem or an inflated sense of self-importance. It marks a significant disconnection from the real world. A person with delusions of grandeur may continue to believe in the delusion in spite of contradictory evidence.

Types
Delusions of grandeur come in many forms. Many people experience delusions of a similar theme over time.

Delusions of grandeur can manifest in virtually limitless ways. Some of the most common types include:

• an inflated belief in one’s own importance, such as having the power to end war
  • a belief that one is famous or occupies a high position in society
  • a belief that one is a religious leader
  • a belief in one’s ability to live forever
  • a false belief that one cannot be harmed by disease or injury
  • an inflated sense of intelligence
  • a belief that one possesses magical skills, such as the ability to read minds
This from the dipshit who thinks it's perfectly safe to breathe out of a bacterial-infested homemade mask.

roundthebuoys

Super Anarchist
Limelight
Digging through CDC data is going to take some time, and you're new here. So what's the wager?
Fuck off with the wager shit.  Just show me the data.  It doesn't take long at all, I sent you a direct CDC link for Covid in about two seconds.  Just send over the CDC link showing 1000-530,000 in a single month for pneumonia.

El Borracho

Sam’s friend
Pacific Rim
The testing is the problem. All this testing keeps driving up the numbers of infected people. If we don’t test there won’t be any virus. 
I'm thinking that we also close hospitals and ER's to the infected. Has anyone noticed that people who die have, by a big margin, gone to one or the other just before dying. Same with the ventilators: They seem to lead to death. Do the math!

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
I'm thinking that we also close hospitals and ER's to the infected. Has anyone noticed that people who die have, by a big margin, gone to one or the other just before dying. Same with the ventilators: They seem to lead to death. Do the math!
I think we just need to proclaim murder as legal.  So when someone is on their last legs with COVID-19, we just Old Yeller them and poof, they move to a different column on cause of death.  

mikewof

mikewof
Fuck off with the wager shit.  Just show me the data.  It doesn't take long at all, I sent you a direct CDC link for Covid in about two seconds.  Just send over the CDC link showing 1000-530,000 in a single month for pneumonia.
Bullshit walks. If I pull data from a peer-reviewed paper, you'll complain that it isn't from the CDC. If I show an increase of 500,000 in a month, you'll complain it's too low, if I show an increase of 632,000 you'll complain it's too high. If I show 750,000 infections with 64% asymptomatic, you'll complain that they're asymptomatic.

If you want to roll in the mud, then you'll need a wager that interests me. 

Also, you are obviously oblivious to the reality that tens on tens of millions of Americans receive annual pneumonia conjugate vaccines and pneumonia vaccines in their flu shots. There currently is no coronavirus or rhinovirus vaccine. So it's comparing apples to oranges.

I'm quite sure that I can bamboozle you with some data, but I'm not going to do that for free.

mikewof

mikewof
Whoops. There’s the fish-on-the-deck question. Flop flop flop flop. 

That’s a hard one to wiggle out of. 
Any car salesman can put a nonsensical challenge onto a table and any fat guy in Florida can look at it as a bag of barbecued brisket.

Pneumonia caused about million emergency hospitalizations last year and 50,000 deaths. SARS-CoV-2 isn't even in the neighborhood of that yet.

Go eat some brisket.

roundthebuoys

Super Anarchist
Limelight
I'm quite sure that I can bamboozle you with some data, but I'm not going to do that for free.
Why not?  It's all you do here.  You are the most verbose person here.

So let's see, if there are an average of 167,000 cases of Pneumonia per month and there's a vaccine, do you see any difference between that and 530,000 all in one month and no vaccine? 

mikewof

mikewof
We're doing that now. Hospitals are encouraging patients to recover at home with insurance coverage and empty beds. Superspreaders.

mikewof

mikewof
Why not?  It's all you do here.  You are the most verbose person here.

So let's see, if there are an average of 167,000 cases of Pneumonia per month and there's a vaccine, do you see any difference between that and 530,000 all in one month and no vaccine? 
I enjoy conversing with intelligent people.

mikewof

mikewof
I think we just need to proclaim murder as legal.  So when someone is on their last legs with COVID-19, we just Old Yeller them and poof, they move to a different column on cause of death.  
Didn't that Tiger King guy die of COVID-19 after he was chopped up into little pieces?

roundthebuoys

Super Anarchist
Limelight
What he's asking for isn't science, it's nonsense. He doesn't even know what the diagnostic criteria of a "case" is.
IT LITERALLY SAYS COVID-19 CASES multiple times in the CDC link I posted.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

1. CDC
  2. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
  3. Cases & Surveillance

Cases in U.S.

Cumulative total number of COVID-19 cases in the United States by report date, January 12, 2020 to April 10, 2020, at 4pm ET

mikewof

mikewof
IT LITERALLY SAYS COVID-19 CASES multiple times in the CDC link I posted.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

1. CDC
  2. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
  3. Cases & Surveillance

Cases in U.S.

Cumulative total number of COVID-19 cases in the United States by report date, January 12, 2020 to April 10, 2020, at 4pm ET
"Cases" means something. There is a diagnostic criteria for the word. "Cases" is a political wiggle word. Deaths is specific, infection is specific, doctor visit, hospital visit, all of these are specific.

100 points in a basketball game is no big deal, 100 points in a football game would be. Apples to oranges. But I'm not above taking your money in a wager. For all I know you might win. But with 1.3 million pneumonia hospitalizations, and at least double that number of "walking pneumonia" infections, and up to 4 million asymptomatic strep infections, I think I can find a half million  increase in a month.

Your 530,000 increase was mostly mild cases that led to only about 25,000 deaths.

roundthebuoys

Super Anarchist
Limelight
"Cases" means something. There is a diagnostic criteria for the word. "Cases" is a political wiggle word. Deaths is specific, infection is specific, doctor visit, hospital visit, all of these are specific.

100 points in a basketball game is no big deal, 100 points in a football game would be. Apples to oranges. But I'm not above taking your money in a wager. For all I know you might win. But with 1.3 million pneumonia hospitalizations, and at least double that number of "walking pneumonia" infections, and up to 4 million asymptomatic strep infections, I think I can find a half million  increase in a month.

Your 530,000 increase was mostly mild cases that led to only about 25,000 deaths.
Since I'm "new here", I'll let the old timers decide how well you're doing.

Edit: I bet you can come up with a stat that shows 2009 came before 2005.

Last edited by a moderator: