Revolution in Iran?

mikewof

mikewof
Sadly it will come to nothing , the educated few in the cities are vastly out numbered by the Ill educated poor in cities and countywide...
Maybe, but as evidenced by what happened with Mosadeq and then the Shah and then the Ayatolla, the uneducated poor in Iran have little to no control of the political process there.

Persians might see a transfer of power here if they can retain the sufficiently secular parts of their parliament and bypass the religious extremists and the Supreme Leader on their way to a regular representative process. Badlat's Twitter post up there is kinda mind-blowing.

Last edited:

Mid

Blues Rule
FdYmE6rWIA8qGgf

mikewof

mikewof

How would this actually work?
  1. The Starlink to mobile isn't set up yet, right?
  2. The Iranian activists would need to get a Starlink base unit to connect with the satellites,
  3. Iran blocked access to the Starlink site, so the activists will need get in another way,
  4. I read something about the U.S. Treasury (yeah, not GSA, but the Treasury, maybe something to do with the same way they handled the Cuban sanctions) will reimburse Starlink for the added costs. Is the U.S. Government just hiring Starlink to advance these protests?
  5. Unless the Starlink-to-Mobile somehow works through some Iranian version of T-Mobile's midband pulse code system, how will the protestors actually access the Starlink?

mikewof

mikewof

I hope that you and Q are very much wrong, and that the Persian people manage to take back their country from the religious fundamentalists who have reduced the once-great country of Iran to an anti-secular backwater.

mikewof

mikewof

There is something so beautiful about reliving the last Iranian takeover of my childhood, only this time, not to the Ayatollah, but to regular people who want their country back.

I can't share the pessimism of Q and Grumps, I pray that we are now witnessing something that will last.

mikewof

mikewof
Perfect example of why not to trust the MSM
What did MSM publish on this?

The best news I get for this now is social media, Tok specifically because they don't seem to censor it.

The videos are nuts. Tens of thousands of protestors, they just ENGULF the riot police. And no longer mostly women, it is women and men, the women seem to mostly wear their headcoverings, but relaxed, hair showing in the front, the same thing for which Amina was killed. Maybe that is the representative icon for the protests?

It doesn't even seem to be angry crowds as much now, just CROWDS, their numbers are so overwhelming that they just walk and the riot police seem helpless, they don't even seem to try to fight back anymore, it would be like pissing in the wind against that many people.

mikewof

mikewof
I read that too, but again, how would it actually work? The government seems to control the cell providers, and unless they already have that T-Mobile mid-bandwith PCM in their phones (which we don't have yet either) the satellites would still need to go through some kind of repeater.

Latest posts