Rich White Kid Might Actually Go To Jail

On The Hard

Super Anarchist
San Antonio
Article says he's already done 2 years after previous parole violation. Scumbag POS. His Mom has gotten some time too for helping her kid skate to Mexico to avoid arrest.

She hardly looks like a "Affluenza" Mom

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
I love the fact that the defense lawyer used the "He's a spoiled rich kid, it wasn't his fault" defense, and the kid got 10 years probation.  Then when the court ordered mandatory mental health treatment, the family cried poor and the county ended up footing most of the $200,000 bill for the treatment.  I am pretty sure I know what kind of private mental health facility in Texas treated that little sociopath.  They have no interest in treatment, only money.

I am not much of a law breaker but if I ever get in serious trouble, I want their lawyer.  That guy is good!

Having some experience in the field of human behavior and deviant human behavior, I can safely say one thing.  That kid will be in prison again before he turns 30.  

Oh yeah, the kid's father was in court in September for allegedly choking his girlfriend last July.  The kid doesn't have 'affluenza', he has two sociopaths for parents and he probably inherited the gene for it.

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
I love the fact that the defense lawyer used the "He's a spoiled rich kid, it wasn't his fault" defense, and the kid got 10 years probation.  Then when the court ordered mandatory mental health treatment, the family cried poor and the county ended up footing most of the $200,000 bill for the treatment.  I am pretty sure I know what kind of private mental health facility in Texas treated that little sociopath.  They have no interest in treatment, only money.

I am not much of a law breaker but if I ever get in serious trouble, I want their lawyer.  That guy is good!

Having some experience in the field of human behavior and deviant human behavior, I can safely say one thing.  That kid will be in prison again before he turns 30.  

Oh yeah, the kid's father was in court in September for allegedly choking his girlfriend last July.  The kid doesn't have 'affluenza', he has two sociopaths for parents and he probably inherited the gene for it.
First, I fire my clients more often than not.  I don't need dirty money.

Second, I hope he can change.  I don't change anyone, especially while arguing on the internet.

I don't have a third act.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
First, I fire my clients more often than not.  I don't need dirty money.

Second, I hope he can change.  I don't change anyone, especially while arguing on the internet.

I don't have a third act.
Wait, a lawyer with ethics and morals????   I guess it happens, and I believe you,  but I'm still shocked.

A psychologist that I worked with that became a good friend of mine told me once that the best predictor of a person's future behavior is to see what they did in the past.  At a pretty early point in most people's lives, their behavioral patterns are pretty well set.  It is very difficult for most people to make significant changes in most of their their behaviors, good or bad.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Article says he's already done 2 years after previous parole violation. Scumbag POS. His Mom has gotten some time too for helping her kid skate to Mexico to avoid arrest.

She hardly looks like a "Affluenza" Mom

They may have made some money somewhere, or more likely inherited it, but all 3 of them Son, Mom and Dad, look and act more like Trailer Trash than anything else.....

Wait, a lawyer with ethics and morals????   I guess it happens, and I believe you,  but I'm still shocked.

I'm not.  I have known lawyers both with and without.  One that I knew when he was in law school told me he was going to work in corporate law, because it somehow seemed less morally difficult when the outcome is just money in one company's bank account vs. another.  OTOH, I have only been ripped off a handful of times, and one of them was a lawyer. 

out on bail with a monitor,  level of amount detected is very low and may be attributed to cbd supplements which are legal here..   he may not have done a lot of time, but don't worry , his life has been hell...  no one will ever let him forget it..

the funny thing is , when it happened, if he admitted guilt, did some time, he would probably be out by now and forgiven..  your parents can really fuck you up sometimes..

Last edited by a moderator:

mikewof

mikewof
I'm not.  I have known lawyers both with and without.  One that I knew when he was in law school told me he was going to work in corporate law, because it somehow seemed less morally difficult when the outcome is just money in one company's bank account vs. another.  OTOH, I have only been ripped off a handful of times, and one of them was a lawyer. 
I'm with you on this. My lawyer is the best. She is always fair, always fast, always expert. She saved my ass a couple times. If anyone ever needs a lawyer in Colorado, she's as good as they come. And say what you will about New England, but it makes some of the most expert lawyers on the planet.

There are lots of lawyers out there who aren't wealthy because they are guided by strong ethics and only charge the client for precisely the work they did. And they know their work so thoroughly that they get all kinds of complicated work done in less than an afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
There are lots of lawyers out there who aren't wealthy because they are guided by strong ethics and only charge the client for precisely the work they did. And they know their work so thoroughly that they get all kinds of complicated work done in less than an afternoon.
Back when lawyers couldn't advertise, my grandfather refused to carry business cards because he considered that advertising.  My dad later joined him and took over the firm when my grandfather died. 

Years later, when my dad retired, a big time firm wanted my dad's clients and asked him to work there for a year during the transition.  My dad was blown away by the fees they charged and what they were paying him.  He said to me, "I've never made this much in my life!"

On The Hard

Super Anarchist
San Antonio
There's that old joke about the attorney that arrived at the Pearly Gates to great fanfare, trumpets, etc.

St. Peter announces, "Congratulations to the first person to outlive Methusela!"   (For you that are biblically illiterate, it was said that he lived to be 969 years old)

The lawyer responds, "But..but..but.., I dropped dead of a heart attack at 56!"

To which St, Peter replies, "Well according to your billable hours....."

I'll be here all week...

linaszuk

There's that old joke about the attorney that arrived at the Pearly Gates to great fanfare, trumpets, etc.

St. Peter announces, "Congratulations to the first person to outlive Methusela!"   (For you that are biblically illiterate, it was said that he lived to be 969 years old)

The lawyer responds, "But..but..but.., I dropped dead of a heart attack at 56!"

To which St, Peter replies, "Well according to your billable hours....."

I'll be here all week...
that's hysterical... and I'm going through a divorce right now.

linaszuk

I'm so sorry. For your heart break and your wallet....
Thanks for the sentiment.  heart's doing OK. Wallet.... um... it's like that old joke; "Why are divorces so expensive?... Because they're worth it."

My wife's lawyer is a piece of work. I've seen the billing and he's cost her 4x what my lawyer has (That's why the above was funny to me). And the nitwit can't even spell my name correctly.