Right to keep and bear arms

AUSSIE_WOMBAT

I’m sick of hearing this BS.  Americans have a right to keep and bear arms.  It does not say you have a right for an AR15.  Do you have a right for a machine gun or a rocket launcher?  How about missiles?

Owning any gun should not be a right, it should be a privilege, just like driving a car.  A privilege comes with rules and responsibilities.  If you break any rules or are irresponsible in your handling of a gun, that privilege should be removed from you.

This is how the rest of the developed world thinks.  The US are the ones that are backwards on this issue.

AUSSIE_WOMBAT

Also, land of the free.  Give me a break.  How about being free to live without the fear of mass shootings and gun violence.

And the free speech you are so proud of.  It does not exist.  There are boundaries you are not aloes to cross.  Hate speech and inciting violence for example.

Then we have the mess that is your health care system, minimum wages, employment laws.  The list goes on.

The US think the worlds looks up to them and we all want to be Americans.  The US and it’s citizens are deluded.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Upside down... But they're still fun that way!

image.jpeg

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Also, land of the free.  Give me a break.  How about being free to live without the fear of mass shootings and gun violence.

And the free speech you are so proud of.  It does not exist.  There are boundaries you are not aloes to cross.  Hate speech and inciting violence for example.

Then we have the mess that is your health care system, minimum wages, employment laws.  The list goes on.

The US think the worlds looks up to them and we all want to be Americans.  The US and it’s citizens are deluded.
I think you will find that the majority of the posters here, many who reside in the US, agree with you.   Unfortunately the United States has been high jacked by corporations who hVe more rights than the citizenry and politicians who believe they are royalty that are propped up by those corporations. 

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
Owning any gun should not be a right, it should be a privilege, just like driving a car.  A privilege comes with rules and responsibilities.  If you break any rules or are irresponsible in your handling of a gun, that privilege should be removed from you.rld thinks.  
In my state, the above is true.  Criminal background checks are done.  Does that solve the problem, absolutely not.  The US needs to shut down sales and do a massive buy back.

Here's one of your American moron gun nuts.

This is one fucked up gun nut.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-61679043

View attachment 513123

Republican pulls out guns during Congress debate on new gun laws

Republican pulls out guns during Congress debate on new gun laws

This is the moment Republican Greg Steube pulled out a bunch of handguns during a Congress debate on new gun legislation.

Florida Representative Mr Steube, who attended the hearing on Zoom, argued against the new laws, saying that some of the guns he was holding up would be banned under the proposed legislation.

The issue of controls on gun ownership is being debated in the US once again, after a gunman opened fire in a school in Uvalde, Texas, killing 19 children and two teachers.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
The right to keep and bear shall not be infringed…

pretty simple 

There isn’t one fucking word about any right to buy, sell, manufacture, give, steal, advertise, maintain, modify, 

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter

pretty simple 

There isn’t one fucking word about any right to buy, sell, manufacture, give, steal, advertise, maintain, modify, 
You take one part of the amendment as fact, What about the first sentence about maintaining a well trained Militia ?

Yes every house should have a Musket not a weapon of mass destruction, so where do you draw the line, the bigger the better?

image.jpeg  a picture of the last guns I fired, my weapon of choice!

Most gun nuts talk about wanting to shoot their neighbor, I read it as we have a right to work together to fight for a free state, not kill each other, 

AC3NZ42LSRAPRG4QWC7AQHLCZY.jpg

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I agree that pretty much anyone should be able to keep, and bear arms.

I do not think that the 2nd amendment gives anyone the right to go out and shoot people w/o a command from the militia(National guard) command.

Civilians buying assault rifles is tantamount to insurrection. These are not deer rifles, or squirrel guns. These are guns that are manufactured, and advertized as people killing tools. Plain and simple. There's no deer in the cross  hairs, it's a human being.

Recidivist

Super Anarchist

pretty simple 

I have long felt that this is the way to START controlling the number of guns in the US - stop the sale of new ones to retail customers (obviously, armed forces, LEO etc should still be able to acquire new models, but not the man-in-the-street).  

There are more guns than people in the US, so purchasing on the second-hand market is a viable way for the so-called constitutional right to not be infringed.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
I have long felt that this is the way to START controlling the number of guns in the US - stop the sale of new ones to retail customers (obviously, armed forces, LEO etc should still be able to acquire new models, but not the man-in-the-street).  

There are more guns than people in the US, so purchasing on the second-hand market is a viable way for the so-called constitutional right to not be infringed.
But next year they are going to have fins!  Be the first one on your block to own an assault rifle with fins and built-in A/C.