RIP Austin1972 1972-2020

Greever

Super Anarchist
Rockford, MI
I am sorry to say that our resident cow expert Austin1972 has passed.

He had been sick for the past month and was down in Illinois selling his house so that he could move to Michigan and live with his SO/childhood sweetheart. She had last talked to him this past Sunday, and when she hadn’t heard from him by Tuesday she called the local Sherrif to do a wellness check. They found him face down, and deceased. 

His Mother had him cremated, and there will be a Memorial for him this Summer in Onekama, MI. He wasn’t tested for Covid, and there was no autopsy, but his girlfriend thinks it was Covid related. He did have Exema (sp?) an auto immune disease, and he took the quarantine very seriously.

I met him through SA shortly after joining, and we became good friends. I spent many weekends at his family cottage, and he even gave me a key to it. I was at his farm several times and we once blew up a bunch of pumpkins with tannerite. I talked to him a few weeks ago and he didn’t even mention being sick. We instead discussed plans to buy some adjoining land in Michigan and establishing a no kill animal rescue shelter.

He was like a Brother to me, and I will miss him for the rest of my life.......

FUCK 2020, and FUCK Covid-19!!! 

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Another good man gone.

I never met him in person but wish I had. This is really a shame.

Sincere condolences and sympathy to his family.

- DSK

I am sorry to say that our resident cow expert Austin1972 has passed.

He had been sick for the past month and was down in Illinois selling his house so that he could move to Michigan and live with his SO/childhood sweetheart. She had last talked to him this past Sunday, and when she hadn’t heard from him by Tuesday she called the local Sherrif to do a wellness check. They found him face down, and deceased. 

His Mother had him cremated, and there will be a Memorial for him this Summer in Onekama, MI. He wasn’t tested for Covid, and there was no autopsy, but his girlfriend thinks it was Covid related. He did have Exema (sp?) an auto immune disease, and he took the quarantine very seriously.

I met him through SA shortly after joining, and we became good friends. I spent many weekends at his family cottage, and he even gave me a key to it. I was at his farm several times and we once blew up a bunch of pumpkins with tannerite. I talked to him a few weeks ago and he didn’t even mention being sick. We instead discussed plans to buy some adjoining land in Michigan and establishing a no kill animal rescue shelter.

He was like a Brother to me, and I will miss him for the rest of my life.......

FUCK 2020, and FUCK Covid-19!!! 
Truly saddened by this.  I never met him in person, but we had some things in common that we discussed on the boards and via PM.  2020 does indeed suck.

IStream

Super Anarchist
What Steam said. For a while he was talking about moving out to the PNW and I was really looking forward to meeting him. Hopefully the Prairie Schooner has taken him to a better place.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
So sorry to hear this, all his writings and photos were most enjoyable, the guy you wish was your neighbor. I am stunned and saddened by his passing, just way too soon.

Condolences to all his friends and family and RIP Austin for a life well lived if way too short.

Slick470

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Fair winds Austin. I never met Austin but shared a few PM discussions with him about owning old houses. His old house was a lot older than ours, but they were fun chats all the same. Like many of the posters here, I had hoped to one day meet him in person and buy him a drink. Damn, way too soon. Condolences to all that knew him and loved him. 

hobot

Super Anarchist
Damn, another member of the family gone. I really would have enjoyed meeting him also.

I always thought he lived in one of the greatest named towns in America, Sandwich Illinois 

Damn.

RIP Austin.

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
FUCK FUCK FUCK

I was lucky to have spent a couple hours with him at Fidd's in DAGO while he was out on buisness working on the underpinning of the interwebz.

Great Human Being in every aspect.

Hiz life adventures spanned things I could only imagine much shared in this cat-litter box

SA and the World is a Lesser place without him

FUCK 2020 !!!!

RIP BROTHER !!!!!!!!!!