Robline Fail

Overbored

Anarchist
So. Cal
Thought I would try a different  Line manufacturer,

Rant: I purchased some Robine Dingy control line BLUE in color to go in some Blue cleats to replace a Blue line  and I got line with a blue core with a black cover.  yes it could be a navy blue cover but no it is black as black comes. Hey Robine,  why even make colored line if you are not going to make colored line. so now I will just have remember when I want the blue line I will pull the Black one that is right next to the other Black line, problem solved

IMG_3905.JPG

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Overbored

Anarchist
So. Cal
yes I did and they offered to send a different color if I did not like the fact that they decided that black is the new blue. so I decided to tell as many Random strangers on a specific Sailing forum because they might want to know instead of finding out the way I did by wasting $$ 

I know posting sailing stuff on this forum is not the norm but if just a few do it it might catch on.

Last edited by a moderator:

F18 Sailor

Super Anarchist
Annapolis, MD
Robline rep checking in here. First, sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with the color. Individual resellers should update the color on that particular line. Fortunately, the larger sizes of Dinghy Control (5 and 6mm) are the true blue shown on the robline website. The rest of the colors are also pretty accurate through the range.

If you would like a true blue in 4mm, both Dinghy Star and Coppa 5000 are blue. PM if you would like some Coppa 5000, I have it in stock and ready to ship. It is a great line, a bit more expensive than Dinghy Control, but also a good bit more durable.

Wade,

Dinghy control is good stuff, when used appropriately. It is low stretch and easily spliced for continuous control lines. In 5 and 6mm it makes a good halyard on moderately loaded boats. On highly loaded boats, and especially for lines that tend to get cleated in a cam cleat in the same spot (F18 catamaran halyard and tack lines for example), I prefer line with technora in the cover such as Coppa 5000, Dinghy Star and Dinghy Star Pro.