Rockbox blue firmware update?

Je Prefere

Anarchist
pnw
Rock city marine's site is no longer, does anybody have a copy of the latest firmware update for the rockbox blue ? I believe its revision BB.

Thanks.

allene222

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
I emailed Chris. Hopefully I will get a reply. I have RRBFW.hex that I downloaded on 3/11/2013. Kind of hard to know what version it is though. I will try and figure it out and update this post.

OK, I have some firmware in my Rock Box but it might not be something I can distribute so we need to hear from Chris. I have BCI firmware and BBI for the compass firmware.

Allen

Last edited by a moderator:

PatsyQPatsy

Anarchist
Naptown
I emailed Chris. Hopefully I will get a reply. I have RRBFW.hex that I downloaded on 3/11/2013. Kind of hard to know what version it is though. I will try and figure it out and update this post.

OK, I have some firmware in my Rock Box but it might not be something I can distribute so we need to hear from Chris. I have BCI firmware and BBI for the compass firmware.

Allen
Who is Chris?

I think I have all the latest.

Did they fold?

That will piss me off. I like the kit.

allene222

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
It is strange because the old rockcitymarine.com site is still up. This may be something temporary, some kind of glitch. Like maybe just the ISP is down.

Allen

Je Prefere

Anarchist
pnw
I cant get to either site, nor have they answered emails. the box is down on the boat, I know I have the pre compass version, sorry.

PatsyQPatsy

Anarchist
Naptown
They died a slow but permanent death. Nothing left on the interwebs. I would really like to have the compass function back. They really pissed me off. It is a good piece of kit even so.

Je Prefere

Anarchist
pnw
No idea what was going on internally. Solid product that I like a lot. Lots of options, but easy to get to the ones you use most and set up to flip to them automatically. Header-lift indicator, Speed or heading graphs, good support while they were alive. New firmware for a compass function. Buttons on the unit or remote control. Option to hardwire into boat power, etc. same price point or less than velocitek or the compass and timer only tack tick, or the French gps box. Velocitek got all the buzz. I've never had one, but it appears to have much more limited functions and no remote.

ASheers

Hi, we are also having trouble with our Rockbox and loading new firmware may fix the issue, can anybody send me Rockbox Blue firmware?