Rolex Big Joke Series

[email protected]

Super Anarchist
USA
BTW, go fuck yourself Allan. You are a POS, and I told you that when I met you back at BBS when your wife actually did something of value and took pictures.
Quit being so charitable, you must have had a few dark and Stormys when you assessed the value of the "pictures"

Hey Clean, my boat is berthed just across the way from St. Francis, do you still get in the water and clean bottoms? Just wondering, but I suspect you never STFU up long enough anymore to get that snorkel and mask on. If not, maybe you can drive out and fund another week's worth of Alpo for that big ass neglected dog of yours and clean some of the boat bottoms before BBS next year? I'd imagine youd have to be better at that than journalism, attorney work, calling tactics, video production, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

[email protected]

Super Anarchist
USA
hey you stepped over the line when you bring the guys dog into it.
Probably so, but thats why they call it anarchy. The shithead needs to know that he's crossed the line when he uses the Front Page of "worlds most popular sailing website" to attack the signature event of a club that is in a very very elite group in terms of contributions to the sport... and it will not be taken lightly.

I shall cry myself to sleep tonight knowing i will likely never be allowed into the Sailing Anarchy Yacht Club

NoStrings

Super Anarchist
Richmond, CA
Here's what happened in HPR.

Race 4, Hamachi is in the middle of the line. We can't see either end with boats on both sides. We know we're close to the line and take a big dip right before the start. We come up and start racing. Horn blows, X flag goes up. We know we were close. Someone is listening on the radio. Three numbers called, our number is not called (confirmed by RC but rules are clear RC is not required to hail all the OCS boats). We ask the bowman, he said he thought it was close but that we were clear. We keep racing. We finish with a horn. We're scored as starting and finishing 2nd. Scores stand for at least 3 hours after the race. We don't know there is a video. Then at dinner that night someone checks the results and we see our score has changed to OCS? What? How did they do that? We protest to find out how what happened.

In the hearing, RC says they did not see us over early, did not write down our sail number and they did not call our number. They saw the video and changed the results. This is not how the rules are written. The international jury (none of them local) decides unanimously in our favor. The RRS do not allow for protests or scoring changes based on a video shown in the bar 3 hours after the race.

Sunday morning we're tied with Whiplash. Most of the crew from Whiplash and a skipper from one other HPR boat come over and suggest we withdraw from Race 2. We asked if they would agree to throw out race 2 where Beecom was screwed by the lack of a leeward mark. Beecom was way ahead and past Treasure Island with no mark to be found where it should be. RC raced down with a temporary mark before the rest of us got there. There request for redress was denied because they apparently didn't sail to the last weather mark and finish. Their lead was so large, had the mark been there, it would have been Beecom's regatta (so of course, Whiplash didn't like our suggestion). Their response to our suggestion was, "That's totally different." Are we talking rules or fairness? If we're talking rules, we followed them to a T and the jury ruled correctly. If we're talking fairness, Beecom should have won.

Whiplash didn't tell us they had already filed a protest under Rule 2 nor did they ever tell us (bad form and I'm surprised they don't know the rules given who was sailing on the boat). We see Whiplash's protest posted on the board. They claim the RC called our sail number (RC had confirmed they did not). They implied that perhaps our blue on black sail numbers were intentionally done to make them hard to read. What? Look at Whiplash numbers, dark red on black. It never occurred to me that anyone would pick colors because they were hard to read. Apparently it had occurred to others. And besides we had the only light blue hull in the race. Easily distinguishable. This was the first regatta with the black main. We're going to change our sail numbers on the black main to white because in certain lighting angles, the numbers are hard to read.

Before the protest hearing someone talked to Whiplash (not from our crew) and said that the rules were followed, their protest is baseless. They withdrew it.

We had talked it over and had decided that we wanted to have a fun race on Sunday to see if we could win it. We had agreed that if we beat Whiplash and won our class, we would have withdrawn from race 4. It was a fun, close race. As it was, we finished that last race 3rd versus Whiplash 2nd and ended up in 2nd place. Had we withdrawn from race 4 we still would have had a podium finish (3rd instead of 2nd).

While there might have been some mistakes by the RC this year, Big Boat Series is a great regatta in one of the worlds greatest sailing venues.
Thank you for that explanation.
Speaking only for myself, I carry around 60 years or so of Catholic guilt. Faced with incontrovertible evidence that I had been OCS, I would have withdrawn, regardless of the IJ decision.

BGeff

Super Anarchist
Ann Arbor, MI
it looked pretty good from my vantage point way down in the shallows - lots of boats all over the bay.

I had a last minute invite to help get a new to the area multi on the water, but I was already booked. Hopefully we can get that boat out there soon.
That one being "Nice Pair?"
I'll let the owner chime in.
I AM the former/previous owner. And as such, am chiming in. If I could have made it out there to set her up, I would have.
I know, I just don't like speaking for others, but yes, NP. Unfortunately I was already committed, would have been great to get her out there.
Right on.

BGeff

Super Anarchist
Ann Arbor, MI
it looked pretty good from my vantage point way down in the shallows - lots of boats all over the bay.

I had a last minute invite to help get a new to the area multi on the water, but I was already booked. Hopefully we can get that boat out there soon.
That one being "Nice Pair?"
I'll let the owner chime in.
I AM the former/previous owner. And as such, am chiming in. If I could have made it out there to set her up, I would have.
Gradient vee needed crew sunday last minute. Nice pair didnt come together unfortunately. Maybe next year.
Let's hope. Would love to see her sailing/racing again.

talltex007

Bay area
Here's what happened in HPR.

Race 4, Hamachi is in the middle of the line. We can't see either end with boats on both sides. We know we're close to the line and take a big dip right before the start. We come up and start racing. Horn blows, X flag goes up. We know we were close. Someone is listening on the radio. Three numbers called, our number is not called (confirmed by RC but rules are clear RC is not required to hail all the OCS boats). We ask the bowman, he said he thought it was close but that we were clear. We keep racing. We finish with a horn. We're scored as starting and finishing 2nd. Scores stand for at least 3 hours after the race. We don't know there is a video. Then at dinner that night someone checks the results and we see our score has changed to OCS? What? How did they do that? We protest to find out how what happened.

In the hearing, RC says they did not see us over early, did not write down our sail number and they did not call our number. They saw the video and changed the results. This is not how the rules are written. The international jury (none of them local) decides unanimously in our favor. The RRS do not allow for protests or scoring changes based on a video shown in the bar 3 hours after the race.

Sunday morning we're tied with Whiplash. Most of the crew from Whiplash and a skipper from one other HPR boat come over and suggest we withdraw from Race 2. We asked if they would agree to throw out race 2 where Beecom was screwed by the lack of a leeward mark. Beecom was way ahead and past Treasure Island with no mark to be found where it should be. RC raced down with a temporary mark before the rest of us got there. There request for redress was denied because they apparently didn't sail to the last weather mark and finish. Their lead was so large, had the mark been there, it would have been Beecom's regatta (so of course, Whiplash didn't like our suggestion). Their response to our suggestion was, "That's totally different." Are we talking rules or fairness? If we're talking rules, we followed them to a T and the jury ruled correctly. If we're talking fairness, Beecom should have won.

Whiplash didn't tell us they had already filed a protest under Rule 2 nor did they ever tell us (bad form and I'm surprised they don't know the rules given who was sailing on the boat). We see Whiplash's protest posted on the board. They claim the RC called our sail number (RC had confirmed they did not). They implied that perhaps our blue on black sail numbers were intentionally done to make them hard to read. What? Look at Whiplash numbers, dark red on black. It never occurred to me that anyone would pick colors because they were hard to read. Apparently it had occurred to others. And besides we had the only light blue hull in the race. Easily distinguishable. This was the first regatta with the black main. We're going to change our sail numbers on the black main to white because in certain lighting angles, the numbers are hard to read.

Before the protest hearing someone talked to Whiplash (not from our crew) and said that the rules were followed, their protest is baseless. They withdrew it.

We had talked it over and had decided that we wanted to have a fun race on Sunday to see if we could win it. We had agreed that if we beat Whiplash and won our class, we would have withdrawn from race 4. It was a fun, close race. As it was, we finished that last race 3rd versus Whiplash 2nd and ended up in 2nd place. Had we withdrawn from race 4 we still would have had a podium finish (3rd instead of 2nd).

While there might have been some mistakes by the RC this year, Big Boat Series is a great regatta in one of the worlds greatest sailing venues.

talltex007

Bay area
The video is clear as day. Himachi was OCS. Your tactician was ponied up at the bar telling everyone how he knew you were over early. Had you restarted or withdrew, Seahawks might have beat the Chargers on Sunday.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Yeah having a regatta for 50 years running really sucks. At least we can all go to the greatest regatta ever. SailingAnarchy's Sportboat World Championships. OH Snap!!! That fell on its face pretty quick. I am assuming it was to poor management and organization.

What is up with this site. It used to actually contain decent content back in the day. There was even some live coverage. Unfortunately it still has to be visited at least once a week since there is little else out there.

One thing is for sure, this site is not doing anything to promote our sport. It's doing quite the opposite.
+1
+ 1000s !

SA is doing little, actually absolutely nothing, to grow, help or support the sport whatsoever. Quite the opposite. Pitiful for a site related to the sport which would be much better without it at this point.
It's pretty ironic then for you to stick about 5 hyperlinked advertisements on your posts right after criticizing the place that got you 75% of your clients.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
You are a POS, and I told you that when I met you back at BBS when your wife actually did something of value and took pictures.

Sure you did. You don't even have the balls to post under your name much less come up to me at a regatta and talk shit. Go internet tough guys.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Lots of people know the event is/was/always will be a big deal. Rolex thinks its a big deal. The Pro's making $ sailing the event think its a big deal. The legions of competitors, supporters, RC professionals and volunteers all think its a big deal...

Alan, have you ever even raced in the event?
Alan has once again proved what a dick he is.
And yet alan was 3300 miles away, not writing a word about the BBS.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
hey you stepped over the line when you bring the guys dog into it.
Probably so, but thats why they call it anarchy. The shithead needs to know that he's crossed the line when he uses the Front Page of "worlds most popular sailing website" to attack the signature event of a club that is in a very very elite group in terms of contributions to the sport... and it will not be taken lightly.

I shall cry myself to sleep tonight knowing i will likely never be allowed into the Sailing Anarchy Yacht Club
Why does your vagina hurt so much when someone calls your club names? Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

couchsurfer

Super Anarchist
NA westcoast
bring back IOR............the designers and builders are ready and willing............bring back the amateur fun.........ban the pros on anything under 100 feet..........prohibit dinghy racing by anyone over 25..........ban teethers and thumb sucking from anyone over 25.........change the tax code so IOR boats are tax deductible.........prohibit cad/cam and bring back real lofting with the pretty whales.......bring back lead with proper big bolts........prohibit gps........bring back proper navigation........bring back lovely 150 overlaps..........so much/ so little time before all is lost.
Wrong on so many levels that I don't know where to begin - so I won't. IOR is dead, for a reason. Look forward, not backward.

.....I was thinking there's a lot -right- with it too!! :lol:

couchsurfer

Super Anarchist
NA westcoast
Lots of people know the event is/was/always will be a big deal. Rolex thinks its a big deal. The Pro's making $ sailing the event think its a big deal. The legions of competitors, supporters, RC professionals and volunteers all think its a big deal...

Alan, have you ever even raced in the event?

Arm chair racers don't think it is a big deal anymore
just4kidz_sailboat_light_blue_armchair_s_4872_large_1.jpg
I want that chair!

I want that chair!
Sailboat%20Blue%20Chair%20Bed%202.jpg

Mine is littelle differnt......... :)

...got stains too?? :unsure:

BlondeWithFreeBoat

Anarchist
NY
Yeah having a regatta for 50 years running really sucks. At least we can all go to the greatest regatta ever. SailingAnarchy's Sportboat World Championships. OH Snap!!! That fell on its face pretty quick. I am assuming it was to poor management and organization.

What is up with this site. It used to actually contain decent content back in the day. There was even some live coverage. Unfortunately it still has to be visited at least once a week since there is little else out there.

One thing is for sure, this site is not doing anything to promote our sport. It's doing quite the opposite.
+1
+ 1000s !

SA is doing little, actually absolutely nothing, to grow, help or support the sport whatsoever. Quite the opposite. Pitiful for a site related to the sport which would be much better without it at this point.
It's pretty ironic then for you to stick about 5 hyperlinked advertisements on your posts right after criticizing the place that got you 75% of your clients.
....except his clients aren't disillusioned and complaining about his service years later. So there's something you should look into.

I know you didn't write the article in question but seriously, it is hard to run a successful regatta against the tide of complaints and insults coming from a site that your whole market reads. Positivity would be most helpful for all the regattas out there and the sport as a whole.

Latest posts