Rolex Big Joke Series

L Z

Reporters
Yeah having a regatta for 50 years running really sucks. At least we can all go to the greatest regatta ever. SailingAnarchy's Sportboat World Championships. OH Snap!!! That fell on its face pretty quick. I am assuming it was to poor management and organization.

What is up with this site. It used to actually contain decent content back in the day. There was even some live coverage. Unfortunately it still has to be visited at least once a week since there is little else out there.

One thing is for sure, this site is not doing anything to promote our sport. It's doing quite the opposite.
+1
+ 1000s !

SA is doing little, actually absolutely nothing, to grow, help or support the sport whatsoever. Quite the opposite. Pitiful for a site related to the sport which would be much better without it at this point.
It's pretty ironic then for you to stick about 5 hyperlinked advertisements on your posts right after criticizing the place that got you 75% of your clients.
You make it sound like this is the first time I said anything like this to you, Scot or SA. Been saying it for years. And although you have supported my work, as much as I supported yours when you wanted to get in this business, you're out of your mind to think SA got me 75% of my clients.

BTW, if you think the links are in my signature to advertise and promote what I do, you're correct. They are. Like everyone else's. But they are the same as my email signature so they are not an "SA Special".

Last edited by a moderator:

LoopyGirdleSniffer

Super Anarchist
Barbados
Himachi start at 8:00 minutes in on the video Talltex posted. After reading Lat 21's post though, I don't think they are really arguing that they weren't over, just that proper procedures weren't followed.
That vid still doesn't prove anything. If the camera was sighted down the line I might give it credence but it's not therefore not proof.

NoStrings

Super Anarchist
Richmond, CA
If its not not proof, does that mean that it is proof, i.e. -1*-1=1?

Its pretty obvious that if 7676 to leeward was over early, then Hamachi was as well.

mad

Super Anarchist
I think Clean's response to you is childish at best, and I'm not sure if you are joking, but just in case you are serious Clean is (mis)quoting a famous Shakespeare line regarding the "protest too much". The line is "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" and quoting Wikipedia "It has been used as a figure of speech, in various phrasings, to indicate that a person's overly frequent or vehement attempts to convince others of something have ironically helped to convince others that the opposite is true, by making the person look insincere and defensive."
You mean like Clean constantly stating what a successful site this is, as though hits alone prove it actually supports sailboat racing?
You got that right on both points............according to Clean and the Ed anyways it seems.

Talk about shitting in your own sandbox.

BobJ

Super Anarchist
I notice Clean deleted his post about covering the BBS ten years ago and not thinking it worthy of coverage since.

mad

Super Anarchist

mad

Super Anarchist
Yeah having a regatta for 50 years running really sucks. At least we can all go to the greatest regatta ever. SailingAnarchy's Sportboat World Championships. OH Snap!!! That fell on its face pretty quick. I am assuming it was to poor management and organization.

What is up with this site. It used to actually contain decent content back in the day. There was even some live coverage. Unfortunately it still has to be visited at least once a week since there is little else out there.

One thing is for sure, this site is not doing anything to promote our sport. It's doing quite the opposite.
+1
+ 1000s !

SA is doing little, actually absolutely nothing, to grow, help or support the sport whatsoever. Quite the opposite. Pitiful for a site related to the sport which would be much better without it at this point.
It's pretty ironic then for you to stick about 5 hyperlinked advertisements on your posts right after criticizing the place that got you 75% of your clients.
You make it sound like this is the first time I said anything like this to you, Scot or SA. Been saying it for years. And although you have supported my work, as much as I supported yours when you wanted to get in this business, you're out of your mind to think SA got me 75% of my clients.

BTW, if you think the links are in my signature to advertise and promote what I do, you're correct. They are. Like everyone else's. But they are the same as my email signature so they are not an "SA Special".
Life's so much easier when you turn 'ignore signature' on, on SA.
Getting bombed by ads on the front page was a pain, getting more crap on the forums and posts was enough to turn the whole lot of.

It just a loss for all the sponsors.

DogBalls

Super Anarchist
Planet Earth
Hey Blockhead, how bout this video??

Someone = Clean/ Alan Block.

Basically Alan is anti Tucker Thompson and has been open about this for years. Guessing that there's a lot of professional jealously going on considering one persons success reporting on the sport vs. another person driving their agenda.

BobJ

Super Anarchist
Lest anyone wonder why many of us Bay Area sailors are so on about this, here's Scot Tempesta on the front page, one more time:

We’ll be the first to tell you that we think the BBS is kinda bullshit; a whole lotta people running around at the helm of what was once one of the world’s major regattas who are absolutely sure that vanilla ice cream oozes out of their anal openings. Is there anything about it that is even ‘big’ besides the egos of the folks at the helm? Or besides the 6 figures in cash and prizes that Rolex spends to flog their watches to a few hundred rich white boys? . . .

Surrounding Scot's comments on the FP are ads by companies heavily represented on boats around here: RBS Battens (I have a bunch of them), GMT Composites, UK Sailmakers, Ullman Sails, Quantum Sails (I have two in their loft right now), Karver (I have one of their furlers), and other big advertisers on the site including J/Boats - by far the most numerous sailboat brand in the RBBS. This inconsistency - no, hypocrisy - baffles me, and it does influence who I will buy from in the future. This is, for example, one of the reasons I buy my sails from North.

Let's see how long this post lasts before it gets deleted.

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
This inconsistency - no, hypocrisy - baffles me, and it does influence who I will buy from in the future. This is, for example, one of the reasons I buy my sails from North.

Dointe worrey, they dointe caire. :)

Monkey

Super Anarchist
This inconsistency - no, hypocrisy - baffles me, and it does influence who I will buy from in the future. This is, for example, one of the reasons I buy my sails from North.

Yep. It's only if you tattle on them directly to their sugar daddies that they pout and throw tantrums.

mad

Super Anarchist

Yep. It's only if you tattle on them directly to their sugar daddies that they pout and throw tantrums.
So that's how you get big warnings points then :)

Latest posts