Route Halifax - Saint-Pierre race 2014

TimFordi550#87

Tim Fordi550-#87
Yeah, true, but the rewards make it worth it! You get your "new topic" check from Scot yet?

More to the point: how early should I book a flight off St P & M? And should I catch the connecting flight (home) in St. John's or Halifax?

thanks for any pointers. (I have about 378 more questions) Like: where in Halifax can I pick up a hickey?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, true, but the rewards make it worth it! You get your "new topic" check from Scot yet?

More to the point: how early should I book a flight off St P & M? And should I catch the connecting flight (home) in St. John's or Halifax?

thanks for any pointers. (I have about 378 more questions) Like: where in Halifax can I pick up a hickey?
All depends where you're going. Halifax has a bigger airport

v-max

Super Anarchist

The event has a fun inshore Grand Prix race and a hobie regatta after the ocean race so it depends on what you want to do. Bastille Day is the 14th and that's a complete liquour blur... awesome fireworks too! Atlantic Canada has so many good options but if it's a one day layover I'd hit St John's, any more than that I'd hit Halifax. Halifax also has an International Airport with lots of flight out options. If you have a spare liver, bring it.

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland

The event has a fun inshore Grand Prix race and a hobie regatta after the ocean race so it depends on what you want to do. Bastille Day is the 14th and that's a complete liquour blur... awesome fireworks too! Atlantic Canada has so many good options but if it's a one day layover I'd hit St John's, any more than that I'd hit Halifax. Halifax also has an International Airport with lots of flight out options. If you have a spare liver, bring it.
Especially if you plan on visiting Sea Smoke

TimFordi550#87

Tim Fordi550-#87
Thanks for the info, folks. Be flying back to the BaltoWash area. I think I'll opt for St. John's, haven't been there in 30+ years, but I bet it looks the same.

It looked gray, back then.

Bastille Day sounds like a hoot. The spousal-unit may fly up. She was a French major in collitch. The StP dialect should be a challenge, if it's the French equivalent to Newfoundland English, which is a bit of an oxymoron. (Just kidding Newfoundlanders, I got nuthin' to gloat about with the Baltimore accent)

Especially if you plan on visiting Sea Smoke
They know how to have a drink or twenty for sure

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland
Where's the faith???? :)

I don't really care as long as there's good breeze, and that race always seems to have it.
Faith? This year I have none! I'm planning two garden parties right now: the lovely outdoor one on paper, and the contingency indoor one I expect to have to resort to. (I always have a Plan B, but don't generally put as much effort into it as I am this year)

Yes, at least it will be fast, especially compared to the MHOR races.

And I'm confident the weather in the lakes will be its usual glorious self.

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland
Well, our vacation has been pushed back a couple of weeks so we won't be heading to CB until the 16th of August so I expect the snow will be gone by then :lol:

Latest posts