Russia learns a lesson from Hitler

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Murderers covering their tracks: Russian mobile crematoriums start working in Mariupol

243748-cremation.jpg

"Murderers covering their tracks. Russian mobile crematoriums have started working in Mariupol. After the wide international coverage of the genocide in Bucha, the top leadership of the Russian Federation ordered to eliminate any evidence of crimes of its army in Mariupol," the Mariupol City Council posted on Telegram. 

As noted, a week ago, cautious estimates indicated the deaths of 5,000 civilians in Mariupol. But given the size of the city, catastrophic destruction, the duration of the blockade, and fierce resistance, tens of thousands Mariupol civilians could fall victim to the occupiers. 

"That is why Russia is in no hurry to give the green light to the Turkish mission and other initiatives to save and fully evacuate Mariupol. In addition, they [Russians] are trying to identify all potential witnesses of the occupiers' atrocities through filtration camps and eliminate them,” the City Council stressed. 

Mariupol Mayor Vadym Boychenko stressed that the world had not seen the scale of the tragedy in Mariupol since the existence of Nazi concentration camps. 

"The Russcists have turned our entire city into a death camp. Unfortunately, the eerie analogy receives increasing confirmation. This is no longer Chechnya or Aleppo. This is the new Auschwitz and Majdanek. The world must help punish Putin's villains," the mayor underscored. 

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3450135-murderers-covering-their-tracks-russian-mobile-crematoriums-start-working-in-mariupol.html

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
Will the Americans manage to actually remain focused on the Russian atrocities long enough to force Russia to stop or will we simply cede a chunk of the world and its people to Russian control? 

bored broker

Anarchist
Since the actual establishment of this country, In the last 200 years we have never had a foreign conflict take place on our own land. I think that this has influenced how American's see conflict and war in other countries. Since they have never witnessed the destruction and the long time evidence of war, they don't think it's a big thing. There is a detachment to seeing bodies of civilians in pictures and that is how a lot of people like it.

Edit. Sorry, I forgot about the war of 1812.

Last edited by a moderator:

inhiding

Since the actual establishment of this country, we have never had a foreign conflict take place on our own land. I think that this has influenced how American's see conflict and war in other countries. Since they have never witnessed the destruction and the long time evidence of war, they don't think it's a big thing. There is a detachment to seeing bodies of civilians in pictures and that is how a lot of people like it.
Christ, some of you are pathetic. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812

Voyageur

Super Anarchist
On The Borderline
Since the actual establishment of this country, we have never had a foreign conflict take place on our own land. I think that this has influenced how American's see conflict and war in other countries. Since they have never witnessed the destruction and the long time evidence of war, they don't think it's a big thing. There is a detachment to seeing bodies of civilians in pictures and that is how a lot of people like it.
we do know war.

110411-civilwar-hmed-5p.jpg
w

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
My profound apologies  inhiding. I did forget about the war of 1812 when only part of the continent was colonized by the USA. I mean, at this time Detroit was considered the Northwest. I still stand by my comment.
So you stand by a statement that you acknowledge is incorrect.

mikewof

mikewof
No. I went back and made an edit acknowledging that I had made a mistake and clarified. Try it some time.
typical PA ... you make a good observation about how we see war deaths and our detachment and that we generally seem to prefer this experiential dislocation without collective memory. And then a shitfight starts about splitting some frog hairs to your qualifier. 

You have a good point, our experience of war is generally formed without the smell of death, without shoeless orphans, and without mothers and children sobbing over shallow graves. It's formed by movies and television. Our most recent connection to actual war came when the WTC fell, and our response was to start two wars with people who generally had nothing to do with that. So now, Russia is fucking horrible, and the world wakes up another day without global thermonuclear war, so we have managed to handle this reasonably well. Perhaps not perfectly, but we seem to be failing toward success.

pusslicker

Super Anarchist
Paris
If that is a photo from the Civil War then what I said is true. I also don't think that the Civil War is still in the collective memory unless you are Southerner who still has not accepted the loss.  
The closest thing we've come to bodies in the street is covid and that would have had to have a much higher death rate for that to happen. Americans are so isolated from all forms of suffering. Even the fucking homeless are fat.

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
"A foreign conflict on our land"...

I guess Texas wasn't "our land" when we took it from Mexico, so that doesn't count.

Our involvement in wars is ongoing and most of us appreciate the gravity of our dead soldiers.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Will the Americans manage to actually remain focused on the Russian atrocities long enough to force Russia to stop or will we simply cede a chunk of the world and its people to Russian control? 
It's not ours to cede or not cede. (Is that proper English?)

Just a few weeks ago there was consensus left and right that America could no longer be global cop. How the hell would we be global cop on Russia's doorstep?