I use these for kids

google Northern Europe…Sweden , Germany, Denmark

I have never seen these in the USA

E648B333-C7D0-41F1-84E4-851DB6730BAA.png

Last edited:

mckenzie.keith

Aspiring Anarchist
Santa Cruz
Whatever you get, make sure it has a nice handle near the back of the neck so you can pick the kid up out of the water in a nice tidy little package. I found this very convenient when my son was that age. He didn't have a harness per-se but just a life jacket. (It wasn't for sailing, just general water activities.)

sculpin

Super Anarchist
We just attached the wee guy to the handle on the back of his PFD, tethered to the wheel guard tubes with a short enough tether that he couldn't get off the boat. Worked, he's 17 now so obviously didn't drown...

sailhmb

half moon bay
I grew up believing a "kelly" line was the name of a short piece of line. No. It was the line my parents use to tie me (Kelly) to the boat. My mom got quite the laugh when I told her about the blank looks I got while crewing on another boat and I requested a kelly line to jury rig a repair.

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
At that age I'd sew myself up a custom one. Like a wee vest with webbing straps sewed over it. The loads on it are so small because the kid weighs almost nothing.

This kids rock climbing harness MIGHT be small enough; says it fits to 90cm height which is like a 2 year old. But leg loops/chest size may be too small.

taliessin

After much research bought a climbing harness for use on boat.

EDELRID Fraggle III Kid's Full Body Climbing Harness - Icemint 2X-Small​

Use a tether clipped to cockpit padeye. He loves it because he has some freedom to move and it is more comfortable than his life vest. When boat is anchored or docked, he does laps around the foredeck with an adult holding the end of the tether. He wears the vest on the docks.

20221205_220450.jpg

Latest posts