SAIL FOR THE CURE

born2sail

Super Anarchist
Almost 100 boats, all skippered by women with crews that mix first time sailors with the most experienced...all for a good cause.

You don't need a boat and you don't have to know how to sail to be a part of this great thing. And if your group or YC is looking for a way to increase the popularity of sailing in your community, especially among women then check out the Oregon Women's Sailing Association and how they tie our sport to a worthy cause via their Sail for the Cure event.

This is the 10th year for Sail of the Cure, in support of the Komen Foundation's battle against breast cancer. And let's face it, with a theme like "Our Cup Runneth Over" you gotta vote these women the Sailor Chicks of the Year! :lol:

born2sail

Super Anarchist
The weather is looking good for Sail for the Cure. Everyone expects the post race "Bras for the Cause" competition to be very perky, and I have it on good authority from a very reliable source that

will try to make an appearance. SFCwx.gif

BfthC.gif

Derek Grebe

Super Anarchist
Dubai, UAE
tempted to post a picture of Robert Smith - but that would be flippant.

Good luck, good cause - all the best.

pics of perky bra contest required, methinks

born2sail

Super Anarchist
Sail for the Cure 2009 edition is in the bag. More boats, more sailors and more funds raised for the battle against breast cancer than ever before. On behalf of the gals who worked hard to make this year a success, a big THANKS to all the Anarchists who participated.

Quite a sight for all to see on the Columbia River yesterday...boats to the left of us, boats to the right of us, boats in front of us. Great weather, great winds and plenty of adventure for novice and experienced sailors alike.

P9270003__Large_.JPG

P9270006__Large_.JPG

P9270011__Large_.JPG

P9270042__Large_.JPG

Sail for the Cure 2009 edition is in the bag. More boats, more sailors and more funds raised for the battle against breast cancer than ever before. On behalf of the gals who worked hard to make this year a success, a big THANKS to all the Anarchists who participated.
Quite a sight for all to see on the Columbia River yesterday...boats to the left of us, boats to the right of us, boats in front of us. Great weather, great winds and plenty of adventure for novice and experienced sailors alike.
Excellent! Pass along my congratulations to B2S2 and others. Not sure what her official role in all this was for '09, but I'm sure she was deep in it in some capacity.

Landlubber version goes off here shortly. My girls are doing their part. The wee Miss Razorback emerged from her room last year ready to run with some handcrafted accessories:

Jesse_Race_for_Cure_2008sm.jpg

She does the Race with her Grandmother, who wears a pink shirt.

Latest posts