Sailboat collided with Aircraft Carrier

George Dewey

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
A huge raft of backhanded jokes and quips are going to float out on this one!
So let's have a contest... Fill in the blank...

Did you hear the one about the French aircraft carrier and the Polish sailboat? 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by a moderator:

Foolish

Super Anarchist
Victoria, BC
On the other hand, I do know of a US Navy Ship that took off the mast of an old fellow who was fishing in the fog in the Juan de Fuca strait.  They didn't stop at all, even though he looked at one sailor right in the eyes. It wasn't until a day later that they contacted him.  I advised him on the legals and they replaced his mast with no fuss.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Finally, the French rescue the Polish! If they were not 82 years late, perhaps WW2 could have been avoided. 
You are the joke here, saying that.

What is a joke though them saying "In spite of an emergency maneuver to avoid this sailboat and in the absence of reaction from the latter".

European Bloke

Super Anarchist
Give the chaps on the carrier a break. It was early, they probably hadn't even had a coffee. What chance did they have of spotting a 10m yacht?

It is a large and not very nimble boat, my final deployment 20+ years ago was flying Super Éntendards off the boat supporting of the war in Afghanistan. We also operated off the USS Stennis which is 60m  longer and double+ the tonnage.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
I guess you're either French, incredibly thin skinned or, more likely, both.

Isn't it mandatory to make derogatory jokes anytime the French military are mentioned?
That's 2 who don't get it, who else?

I will stand up to anyone who dimishes the role of Nazi Germany in it's days, that is without a proper historical or moral context. Period.

Nothing to do with being French, thin skinned or whatever.