sailboat racing books.

Admiral Hornblower

Super Anarchist
NE Ohio
I'm looking specifically for either books or memoirs of sailboat racing( preferably of the performance side, like Olympics or America's Cup, sort of along the lines of this book: 

41fIslLxqIL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

SEC16518

Wait for my new book, "Too Fat to Hike". Searching for a publisher now...
That would complete the trilogy...Just use the same publisher you used for the prior volumes...."Too Weak to Grind" and "Too Shit-Faced to Helm" 

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
'Elvstrom Speaks On Yacht Racing' talks about his childhood and early racing career.

L.Francis Herrshoff's book on yachting in the 1890s thru the 1920s is great, a lot of fascinating stories and details. Of course his point of view is reactionary, he's trying to prove how much better the Good Old Days were, but it's a front-row seat on everything about megayacht racing from design consultation to handling a disgruntled professional crew of whom half don't speak English.

FB- Doug

AnotherSailor

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
"Golden Lily" sounds like a massage parlor in which ALL body parts are "massaged."

I don't know anything about the book, and I don't mean to insult the athlete, but it would be very very low on the list of books I would read (just above "too fat to hike").

Admiral Hornblower

Super Anarchist
NE Ohio
"Golden Lily" sounds like a massage parlor in which ALL body parts are "massaged."

I don't know anything about the book, and I don't mean to insult the athlete, but it would be very very low on the list of books I would read (just above "too fat to hike").
I haven't read it so that could be true!

Alan Crawford

Super Anarchist
Bozeman, Montana
Here's three. The first two have newer editions.

The Cornelius Shields book is a bit dated but still a great read. 

Oh, get a pair of Nordic skis and find a golf course (preferably with snow) - great cardio cross training for hiking on your Laser!

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 6.45.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 6.46.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 6.47.03 PM.png