SailGP 2021

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
S2_DIGI_STANDING_1000_CalendarSeason2_V5_16-9_SCR.png

PIL66 - XL2

Super Anarchist
Stralya
I was told last night that the new quarantine rules for many places in Europe / England are going to mess with the crews / staff.   When you look at the schedule and the 14 day quarantine, it may make it out of reach for Aussies and Kiwis especially.... 
I too am looking forward to it 
Update:  Some Aussies are leaving in 2 weeks. Test done here prior to leaving and then tested in the US of A. Then to Bermuda (no test) and 2 days later into training.

I know some team members are starting the journey out there - sounds like there have been some pretty hefty logistical efforts to get everyone sorted out with quarantine periods etc...

If this season goes ahead then it should be pretty awesome - getting Slingsby and Outeridge back on the water plus NZ, UK and Jimmy on the USA wheel should be some good racing.
Aussies I know will stay away for the whole tour (6 months) and work out the quarantine logistics on the fly.... a hassle but they are very happy to be working...

I am looking forward to this ... I just hope Foxtel air it live like last time...

smackdaddy

Super Anarchist
SmackDab, Middle
I was really hoping to get to Bermuda. But it doesn't look promising. I will, however, be at the finals in SF.

Gonna be great to some real racing again!

MaxHugen

Super Anarchist
Update:  Some Aussies are leaving in 2 weeks. Test done here prior to leaving and then tested in the US of A. Then to Bermuda (no test) and 2 days later into training.

Aussies I know will stay away for the whole tour (6 months) and work out the quarantine logistics on the fly.... a hassle but they are very happy to be working...

I am looking forward to this ... I just hope Foxtel air it live like last time...
The last race - Feb 2020 - was live on YT... so hoping SailGP will keep that up for the coming races?

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
I am guessing that there will be more Announcements regarding the Teams since every Team will have Women integrated in their Operations.

Maybe Sally Barkow for USA? Nina Curtis & Lisa Darmanin for AUS?

smackdaddy

Super Anarchist
SmackDab, Middle
This is one of the main things I really like about SailGP - its focus on the emerging talent in the sport, and letting those sailors truly shine at the very top...

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 3.18.15 PM.png

It's what sailing has needed for a very long time.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
To get us all "Pumped Up" for Bermuda SailGP starting April 24/25 SailGP will be out with a new Series starting next Thursday April 1st called SailGP: Racing On the Edge.

BB605609_1.JPG

Watch the Trailer of SailGP: Racing On the Edge

https://sailgp.com/news/watch-sailgp-racing-on-the-edge-trailer/

SailGP: Racing On The Edge can be seen on the SailGP's FB & YT Channels. There will apparently 4 Episodes in the built up to the Bermuda SailGP on April 1st, April 8th, April 15th and April 22nd!

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxHugen

Super Anarchist
No doubt.  I've sent an email to SailGP, asking if they would be offering some of the features the app has on YouTube as well. 

Maybe we can cajole @dorox into creating another of his great stats apps online as well?  :D
Reply from SailGP:

"Not to worry, the SailGP APP is simply one of several ways to watch the racing.

We will be confirming the options available to fans around the world - including Australia - very soon and well in advance of the racing in Bermuda at the end of April."

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Reply from SailGP:

"Not to worry, the SailGP APP is simply one of several ways to watch the racing.

We will be confirming the options available to fans around the world - including Australia - very soon and well in advance of the racing in Bermuda at the end of April."
Don't worry mate! They are going to this Season as exciting as possible :)