SailGP 2021

nroose

Super Anarchist
Berkeley
Watched from the shore yesterday. Watching the replay now. The commentator just said that Ray Davies will be talking to the NZL crew during the races? Is that true?

smackdaddy

Super Anarchist
SmackDab, Middle
Freakin' incredible...and insane. I LOVE IT!!

Verdicts:

1. AUS are the best sailors in the world. Period. Full stop. The rest of the world can't touch them. Just shut up and bow down.

2. Commentary is WAY better. Stick with this team. BUT - they have to explain things better to appeal to non-sailing fans. For this they should bring back the "Data Room" or whatever it was called where the dude was explaining things with a 3D model table-top in S1. I've already given them this feedback. We'll see if it comes back for S3.

3. Outerridge is a freakin' monster as an individual sailor. I'd say he's the best in the world on an individual level. He's carrying a developing nation team to the top on his back. It's absolutely incredible.

4. Spithill is struggling. But that seems to be mostly bad luck. We'll see next season how good he really is since he's got full control of a strong USA team. But he's getting spanked right now. So no excuses.

5. WAY too many production glitches - between the graphics, etc. They have to fix that. No excuses.

6. Kiwis can't sail their way out of wet paper bag. But at least they pick it up off the beach when the race is over. Good for them. [pat on head]

7. THIS is how you race sailboats. Period. Full Stop.

ON TO S3 IN A FEW WEEKS! SAILGP RULES!

Last edited by a moderator:

smackdaddy

Super Anarchist
SmackDab, Middle
Well, I guess we can put this thread to bed now.

25K views in this sleepy little MHA forum? Hmm. Not bad for a thread no one pays attention to (yet again).

Heh.

Liquid

NFLTG
Over there
Well, they did break Japan in half and then gave up their boat.

What else could it be for?

There is no 4th Place...

Potter

Super Anarchist
Watched from the shore yesterday. Watching the replay now. The commentator just said that Ray Davies will be talking to the NZL crew during the races? Is that true?
The coaches were offered the ability to do that, but it was at short notice and there was a lot radio issues in SF. So the coaches all agreed amongst themselves not to have comms with the boat.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
BUT before we really get our teeth into Sail GP's Season 3 tomorrow at Noon PT/3pm ET/21.00 CET/22.00 UK the FINAL EPISODE OF SEASON 2 "Racing On the Edge" is coming and this is definitly UNMISSABLE if you are Fan of Sail GP. Set your Alarm Clocks!
279062759_1673428376347864_5240058320525776628_n.jpg

nroose

Super Anarchist
Berkeley
They forgot to say how many crashes with damage they had, and how many races boats missed due to getting crashed into.