SailGP

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
This is complete Bull Sh!t!  So whenever you get hit by another boat, you also get penalized for "not avoiding" the collision.  This is insane and not fair.   So the last place boat should just crash into the first place boat to take them out of the race.  Then next race crash into another boat, and another boat....  Knock them out out of the lead except for the boat you want to win.
Please have some civility and stop bring so juvenile about every little thing.   You keep being so delusional and rant like a madman on every little thing.  Just chill out.

"In summary: equal responsibility. Both teams are prosecuted with maximum penalty with no chance for redress."

https://sailgp.com/news/umpires-usa-fault-bermuda-collision-penalty/?fbclid=IwAR3TQZa7-hpCoFhc1ngOetXKnuL_wKBZ0duJiZaO-wbjQ2ADZJB_xkOudf8
I dont think it is a case of equal responsibility.  Japan were clearly more responsible for causing the collision breaking rule 13. But the jury decided USA also broke rule 14.

Here is the rule Spithill was disqualified for . The highlighting is mine.

14 AVOIDING CONTACT

A boat shall avoid contact with another boat if reasonably possible. However, a right-of-way boat,or one sailing within the room or mark-room to which she is entitled,need not act to avoid contact until it is clear that the other boat is not keeping clear or giving room or mark-room.

So the question the jury need to have asked themselves is, when did Jimmy realize Nathan was going to try and avoid by doing a tack?  Could Jimmy have luffed suddenly to avoid the collision?

If Jimmy could reasonably have avoided the collision, then Jimmy broke 14....but he does not have to anticipate Nathn will tack or dip, he only should start to avoid when Nathan goes for the tack.

japan vs USA.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
@The_Alchemist

Why don't you just ignore For! You are giving him excatly what he wants: Attention!

Put him on the "Ignore List" so you won't see his Posts and can't be bothered by it and stop quoting him! This is what I did! He is just an immature, weak person!

Meanwhile let's have some fun. Most of the Teams I reckon are already in Taranto. Looking forward to next week!

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
The video again. I agree with the jury decision, Japan did two mistakes in a row, however Spithill could have kept clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxHugen

Super Anarchist
This sounds like it might be good for those actually interested in the boats:

New campaign takes fans beneath the surface of SailGP

https://www.mysailing.com.au/new-campaign-takes-fans-beneath-the-surface-of-sailgp/

"The first of three extended feature documentary episodes on the Denmark SailGP Team, presented by Rockwool, is set to be released on 1 July. It will give viewers an access-all-areas pass to the Danish camp as it prepares for Season 2 of SailGP."

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
The video again. I agree with the jury decision, Japan did two mistakes in a row, however Spithill could have kept clear.
Yeah.  It feels tough on Jimmy. I suspect Jimmy could not see exactly what was happening to leeward. I think Nathan did the sportsmanlike step to go to the jury with Jimmy and ask for Jimmy to be exonerated. But, if USA had been on the ball they could have luffed to avoid the collision. Very unfortunate for Team USA but probably the right call by the jury

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
@The_Alchemist

Why don't you just ignore For! You are giving him excatly what he wants: Attention!

Put him on the "Ignore List" so you won't see his Posts and can't be bothered by it and stop quoting him! This is what I did! He is just an immature, weak person!

Meanwhile let's have some fun. Most of the Teams I reckon are already in Taranto. Looking forward to next week!
How do I turn on the ignore switch

Latest posts