SailGP

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Good to see you still talk shit
Check out the Cowes 2019 SailGP! Even if that Boat or other Boats get damaged today they have at least 3 months to repair them until SF.

BTW, if you would check this Thread I was on Record before anyone else did and predicted capzises in Cadiz which happened twice.

I don't like to say this but this was Hannah Diamonds Job to do. She didn't have any active role like grinding, trimming, flight controlling or steering. She was free to look at other boats and did not do it.
As has been pointed out in another thread, she was the only one on board not looking backwards.

Sir Ben said that one of his crew did ask "do you see the other boat", so that was likely Hannah.

Sir Ben is known for taking things to the limit and also not welcoming tactical input other than raw data, so the power imbalance on that boat would have been that he was not told of the other boat until very late.  Even if she had yelled "up Up UP!" I doubt Sir Ben would have acted until he confirmed himself, by which time it would have been too late.

It is just ridiculous that on a boat with 5 world class sailors all looking backwards, the one woman on board that was looking the right way and who was probably the one giving the warning, gets the blame! 

You Really need to consider your biases!

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
As has been pointed out in another thread, she was the only one on board not looking backwards.

Sir Ben said that one of his crew did ask "do you see the other boat", so that was likely Hannah.

Sir Ben is known for taking things to the limit and also not welcoming tactical input other than raw data, so the power imbalance on that boat would have been that he was not told of the other boat until very late.  Even if she had yelled "up Up UP!" I doubt Sir Ben would have acted until he confirmed himself, by which time it would have been too late.

It is just ridiculous that on a boat with 5 world class sailors all looking backwards, the one woman on board that was looking the right way and who was probably the one giving the warning, gets the blame! 

You Really need to consider your biases!
Hey, I am not biased. I love Women onboard these Boats. I am a huge Fan of the Women's Pathway Program. I think if you watched Cadiz a couple of months ago you would agree with me that having the Females in the back of the boat has raised the level of sailing in these F50's immensly.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
FG2t52XWQAMI46w
FG2t52tXMAIVP3K

Wrong, they completely get the British Boat!

Last edited by a moderator:

Horn Rock

Super Anarchist
Byron Bay
Finally caught up to yesterdays racing. Good to see the boats in some breeze - finally!! Thought Phil R had a good day. Disappointed in the efforts of Burling and co. Big under performers - they continually made shit decisions tactically.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
So, who has the biggest pressure today? I think Spain. If they want to have a chance to make the "Grand Final" in San Francisco they have to WIN and hope Japan finishes 6th!

Priscilla

Super Anarchist
Gotta wonder how long will it be until someone is seriously injured or heaven forbid killed.

Latest posts