SailGP

JonRowe

Super Anarchist
Offshore.
Good news for Nathan, BUUUUUUT didn't goobs and parko need to leave Japan for season 2 due to nationality clauses? Doesn't add up to me?
The nationality clause seems to have been watered down a tad, but they would have had to loose one of the internationals in "season 2" under the original rules. Goobs and Parko were always slated to step off for AC commitments anyway, and its fortuitous that INEOS entered the SailGP game to allow them to return.

shebeen

Super Anarchist
You are right when you look at these parameters only, but look how this race is struggling since years. Volvo-paid entries, mediocre regatta village attendance (on average), and with the great benefactor Volvo gone now, who knows how things will turn out. There is almost no publicity for the next event (the TOREU); I wonder who is actually aware that it will start in a couple of weeks. I wouldn't be without @stief, and I love the VOR/TOR.
hold the phone. The Ocean Race starts in a few weeks? what rock have i been hiding under?

oh, it's a new europe feeder race, the main thing kicks off october 2022. but your point is proven.

Metoxi

England
Italy is not listed among the countries with an official tv coverage and so it should be a good option as a VPN destination:

From the sailGP website:

If your country isn't listed above, please find coverage on any of our channels below:
SailGP App - Apple // Android
SailGP @ Youtube
SailGP @ Facebook
SailGP @ Twitter
https://www.sailing.org/news/90904.php#.YH_hUmdKjg5

• Sky Italia (Italy): With the first-ever Italy Sail Grand Prix Taranto on June 5-6 and the addition of legendary Italian sailor Francesco Bruni to the Japan SailGP team, Sky Italia will air the Italy Sail Grand Prix live and offer coverage throughout the season

shebeen

Super Anarchist
Italy is not listed among the countries with an official tv coverage and so it should be a good option as a VPN destination:

From the sailGP website:

If your country isn't listed above, please find coverage on any of our channels below:
SailGP App - Apple // Android
SailGP @ Youtube
SailGP @ Facebook
SailGP @ Twitter
I'm guessing fb live streaming doesn't have location restrictions, or am i technology deificient?

Because there is geoblocking in place, does this mean that broadcasters are paying actual significant $$$$ to secure the TV rights? if this is really the case then i suppose it is good news for the sustainability of the project

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
Maybe someone can post the YT link of the live stream once it is available. Then we can check whether it is visible or not.

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
Absolutely!   Maybe check the SailGP Channel ?
I did and couldn't find a live stream announcement link (yet). If Germany is geoblocked, I will never see one, therefore it's interesting to know when/if others can see it. It will be available probably one day before the broadcast starts.

The Main Man

Super Anarchist
Blighty
Good news for Nathan, BUUUUUUT didn't goobs and parko need to leave Japan for season 2 due to nationality clauses? Doesn't add up to me?

I also did not realise that Goobs was on ineos for the AC36, did he ever get on the boat or did bleddyn do the wing every race?
Nope, Bleddyn was the trimmer for every race. Goobs was down as an advisor or some such other title.

accnick

Super Anarchist
I wonder how long it takes the shore crew to knock out that center section of the wing for heavier breeze?

I can't imagine it's a trivial amount of time...
It's an overnight job to do it on all the boats. The call will probably be made the night before, and if made, it will apply to all boats.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
What is interesting is that adding some mixed nationality broadens the interest. Even without an Italian team, if you have a much loved Italian sailor to the team, Italian fans can get behind the team. 

Great that Checco is involved and great that Italy TV covers.....maybe generates an Italian sponsor for next year?

Admiral Hornblower

Super Anarchist
NE Ohio
https://www.sail-world.com/news/236898/NZSailGPs-F50-is-launched-on-nightfall-in-Bermuda

yysw312831.jpg