SailGP

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Again, SailGP Commentators & Armchair Sailors like Gerald New of Sailweb trying to get under Ben Ainslies Skin ahead of the Plymouth Event
https://sailgp.com/news/22/sailgp-commentators-pressure-british-team-plymouth/

https://www.sailweb.co.uk/2022/07/2...ust-weekend-at-great-britain-sailgp-plymouth/

And here is Bens Response
https://sailgp.com/news/22/ainslie-ashes-on-water-australian-rivalry-plymouth/

Gerald New for example never sailed on a Boat EVER!

I'm very impressed with Ben at these Press Conferences. He's very measured. Early on in his Career he would often lose his temper.
Great Britain sits 5 Points atop New Zealand and 9 Points ahead of the USA. If I were the Brits I would be first and foremost content getting into another Final and then let's see what happens. He hasn't sailed in Plymouth since he was eight years old.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
In the presser a couple posts above, towards the end someone (may be Sheahan) asks the second group of onstage skips if and how they are making use of the now-allowable comms received from coaches. Two guys took the question and there wasn't too too much in it, mostly about how there is so much going on they barely have time to listen, lol, but I wonder if NO will be a key 'windshift coming, tack now' asset to SUI during races; if he is then we may not have him on the commentary, something I'd miss for sure.

deadrock

UK
Would be interesting to know who was out on an Armstrong wingfoil this afternoon with the SGP WASZP fleet, buzzing around. Very competent, so that narrows it down a bit......

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
In the presser a couple posts above, towards the end someone (may be Sheahan) asks the second group of onstage skips if and how they are making use of the now-allowable comms received from coaches. Two guys took the question and there wasn't too too much in it, mostly about how there is so much going on they barely have time to listen, lol, but I wonder if NO will be a key 'windshift coming, tack now' asset to SUI during races; if he is then we may not have him on the commentary, something I'd miss for sure.
On that subject too,

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
There seems to be a double standard going on with those who support SailGP but disagree with ETNZ getting the venue to fund the team. So it seems the Australian SailGP team doesn't have a sponsor (the team itself) yet many on here believe the Sydney venue agreement which was signed for 3 seasons is what is keeping the team afloat. This being the case, it seems who ever signed that agreement not only is funding the 2 day event that is being held in Sydney, but also the team. This would seem to be exactly the same scenario Team NZ have implemented for the next AC Defense. Yet it seems some here disagree with the venue funding Team NZ, but perfectly fine with the venue funding the Australian team in SailGP.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
There seems to be a double standard going on with those who support SailGP but disagree with ETNZ getting the venue to fund the team. So it seems the Australian SailGP team doesn't have a sponsor (the team itself) yet many on here believe the Sydney venue agreement which was signed for 3 seasons is what is keeping the team afloat. This being the case, it seems who ever signed that agreement not only is funding the 2 day event that is being held in Sydney, but also the team. This would seem to be exactly the same scenario Team NZ have implemented for the next AC Defense. Yet it seems some here disagree with the venue funding Team NZ, but perfectly fine with the venue funding the Australian team in SailGP.
The Australian team being funded by sponsorship for an event in Australia won't offend anyone if that is the case.

I don't think anyone would have been offended by a NZ team being funded by an event held in NZ either.
Do you?

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
There is no Double Standard because all these Venues have longterm Deals.

Aside from Sydney Singapore has also signed off a 3-Year Hosting Deal through 2025 and they will have no Team in the League and probably won't have one ever. Hosting one of these Events ain't that expensive compared to the Teams themselves. One Season in SailGP for a Team costs between 7-9 Million US$ while one of these Events only costs between 250,000US$ and 750,000 US$.

And the Australian Team does have a Sponsor:
https://www.wlth.com

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
The Australian team being funded by sponsorship for an event in Australia won't offend anyone if that is the case.

I don't think anyone would have been offended by a NZ team being funded by an event held in NZ either.
Do you?
I am suspecting as we get closer to the Sydney Event next year the Aussie Team will get more Sponsors down the pipeline.

Latest posts