SailGP

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Does it have a section on stupid reaching starts?
Perhaps BA and others need to take learning cues from the likes of Phil R and what PB is now pulling off. While Phil has been consistently good for a long time, PB finally had a couple good ones in Chicago and especially in R3 here in Plymouth he just absolutely smoked it!

To my eye the start line was longer this time (good, imo) but am keen to see some of those starts again in a highlights video of day 1 - hopefully something will get posted soon.

Potter

Super Anarchist
"I don't think the Sydney venue deal is anywhere near big enough to find the team. It is just high profile enough to stop them being cut" This statement is contradictory in itself. You say it doesn't fund the team but is also enough to stop them being cut, implying that it indeed funds the team, to what extent isn't the point. The point is, the venue deal does indeed fund the team in the absence of a primary sponsor.
So, to answer the question... YES, the venue deal does fund the team.
So, I go back to the original question, why is it perfectly fine for a venue deal to fund a SailGP team, but not okay for a venue deal to fund an AC team?
What bollocks. Your answers, like your questions, really require black or white answers... The real world is not like that.
Why is a venue funding a team acceptable or not acceptable. I can't answer that, and wasn't trying to. I think you would only accept an answer that fits your miopic view anyway.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
There was decent enough breeze on Day 1 plus some streaky snakes and ladders wind and tide opportunities especially down around the bottom gate near the island, was really fun.

Looking forward to the more-frequent events on the schedule ahead, there's not much else going on for now among 'The Best Sailors in the Fastest Boats.' Woke up at 0530 to catch this and am glad I did.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
The starts by BA back in Chicago and now in Plymouth are pretty strange, am curious to hear the strategy they are trying to execute … by being so late into the start box and then so late to the line too 😂

Bored Stiff

Copenhagen
You’re right, his Chicago starts were also poor. He seems desperate to be inside boat at the first mark but usually mistimes it and gets rolled by those outside him, but that last start he was just way off. Which member of the crew is responsible for calling the start?

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
That's more like it!

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 9.36.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 10.18.53 AM.png

Latest posts