SailGP

Sea Breeze 74

Anarchist
NZL
Really enjoyed watching today's racing especially Robertson and Burling. One day of good results could still turn to custard for NZ but at least it's a step in the right direction. Fun times.

The YouTube commentary however is often beyond appalling. They are so far behind what's actually happening, it would be better to just turn them off.

Oh, and who knows how to pronounce Jo Aleh correctly? I thought it was "alley" but that dufus kept calling her Jo "a lay".

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Freudian slip?

I was wondering how he would know...

Anyway, I thought Emily was doing very well, certainly for a first time. She obviously had preferential charm acces to the helmsmen, except Phil.
When she asked about controversial entries, he rebuked "Cut it out. I'm leaving", and was gone.
All in good humor, obviously.

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
I went to the ACWS event in Plymouth in the AC34 cycle and each time SailGP comes to Plymouth I think about it. Didn't do it this weekend - train strikes for one thing. But.....at least that ACWS gave several hours of racing to watch (I know it decreased later). SailGP gives 3 15-minute target time races per day. That's not a lot of viewing for visitors to a city that is 2-5 hours travel time from the nearest major population centres.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Dylan Fletcher has won the European Moth Championships just recently but of course Mister Ben Ainslie would never take notice. Shame on you Ben for not at least have a conversation with Dylan...

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Ben had no need to split gybes with the Aussies to lead to that situation. Should have just covered them up the run. NZ deserved the win though.
Yeah, I agree. He covered tack for tack to the Final Top Mark and then just gave it away.

The Kiwis were clearly the best Team in Plymouth and deserved to win.

Top 3 Teams now Australia, Great Britain and New Zealand in the Championship and I expect those 3 Teams to make the Grand Final next year.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Lottery conditions today especially in R5 but entertaining racing anyway. Congrats to TNZ, class act.

DEN made quite a move this weekend too!