SailGP

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
I don't doubt that you recollect what you do, I do not. There's a good chance if I said it so definitively, I had the evidence on my browser. I used to spend way too much time tracking users via IP and their member info to determine whether the user violated any TOS that would justify a ban. Very frequently that meant finding them via running usernames and ideosyncratic or identical posts through other forum searches. As should be unsurprising, many of them were banned from scuttle, sailnet, cf, and the rest of the shit out there.

If I was indeed wrong, I apologize.
In this case you were, I never achieved the notoriety some seem to think I deserved

anyway, thank you 👍

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Slingers was a big cry baby after that. He was bearing down to the line doing 90+ clicks with a boat to leeward. PB reminded him who had the right of way and he stuffed the bows. TS would have done exactly the same in the situation but started whinging about how it was worth only one point and PB was reckless. Fuck off.
It did look a touch reckless and TS was obviously hot, in the heat of the aftermath. But totally legal!

Interestingly, he was asked during the presser leading up to this event about his getting burned by PB in Copenhagen approaching a bottom mark, a move that also put him into the water and f'd his race. His response during the presser was something like 'This is the game we play, I don't blame anyone for playing it hard.'

I am impressed that all 9 boats completed all 3 races in those conditions, my prediction before the start of R1 was that it'd boat carnage!

Sea Breeze 74

Anarchist
NZL
It did look a touch reckless and TS was obviously hot, in the heat of the aftermath. But totally legal!
If TS was so worried about safety he wouldn't have bore down on a leeward boat to achieve maximum speed to the line. He said something like "it was only one point". If it was just one point, stay clear of the leeward boat and don't be surprised by the luff. Totally legal and nearly every other helm would have done the same thing as Burling.

SailGP STP.jpg

The Main Man

Super Anarchist
Blighty

Interestingly, he was asked during the presser leading up to this event about his getting burned by PB in Copenhagen approaching a bottom mark, a move that also put him into the water and f'd his race. His response during the presser was something like 'This is the game we play, I don't blame anyone for playing it hard.'

I am impressed that all 9 boats completed all 3 races in those conditions, my prediction before the start of R1 was that it'd boat carnage!
They didn’t though. GB (and maybe SUI?) didn’t finish race 2 because a bolt sheared off the top of their board. Still all afloat though at the end!

animeproblem

Super Anarchist
Seattle
^Thanks for that Main Man, was wondering what happened.

Did something for this race I should have done a long time ago, activated Youtube on my Xfinity box, no idea why I waited so long! (my computer monitor is pretty big).

barfy

Super Anarchist
Was an impressive feat, most teams have seriously upped their game this season.
Looks maybe S and lighter today? Conditions that the kiwis might be comfortable in. 😂

Horn Rock

Super Anarchist
Byron Bay
Weird how yesterday the live feed was not geo blocked, then that kicked in for the replay. Today's feed is blocked for Aus at least. VPN ext set to the US is working though.

JeronimoII

Anarchist
Europe
Arbitrary isn't the right word because there is a defined time limit. Asinine might do but I guess they need the event to deliver a result in the 2 hour TV window.
two hour TV window?? another self-made rule that makes no sense. Stopping the broadcasting when USA was about the cross the finish line was vow. And just to re-start it 10 seconds later

Last edited:

mattgate

Kansas, US
Arbitrary isn't the right word because there is a defined time limit. Asinine might do but I guess they need the event to deliver a result in the 2 hour TV window.
I took the cutoff as a requirement so it could be broadcast by a non streaming network. I Watched the replay on YouTube in the US and it was a wtf, then they rejoined immediately.
I thought the commentary was uninformed. No explanation of penalties or non-penalties. It looked like Spithill turned around the wrong mark before the last leg. It was commented on, but never clarified. Sail GP should do better.