SailGP

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
I ONLY SAY THIS: PUT UP OR SHUT UP SIR BEN AINSLIE. I think you will need immediatedly removed from helming if you don't put up Results!
I guess you stiffened his upper lip or something. Good you are now dumping on Slingers, that will ensure his team gets the $1M.

LCS Carbon

Flags
Home
That was quite bad from Slingers IMO!
I suspect it's more of a reflection of his fleet racing ability vs his match racing ability, or the pressure or a million things. Just like people bitching about PB. I doubt it was overly intentional, a good gybe by that team, would have put a very different complexion on his tactics.

But in the end, none of them are robots, so there is bound to be the odd mistake. Looking for intent reflects more poorly on the observer than the observed.

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Even better here, Ainslie at 94.7 km = 51.19 kts.

Let's remember that AM AC75 did 53 kts but...... before capsizing. Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

chocoa

Sail gp looks dated like Jai Alai.
It's a bunch of carpetbag pro sailors with a pseudo national team.  It would work better if the boats were slower so skill and tactics takes over from waiting for an opponent to make a mistake.  
Sail GP is a TV show.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Randro said:
Fuck you guys are naive.  I bet you think 'Survivor' is real too!!!
Lol! 

I guarandarrumtee you these guys are all fighting hard out there.. 

Qman

Super Anarchist
Fact is TNZ was found wanting, all your excuses can’t hide that. 
the top competitors found a way to win, 

your boys couldn’t.
they were looking better on day 2 but way to many mistakes, two really shitty marks, on was over pinched and the other was way deep and slow.  They have some work to do to get up to speed with this format, pretty much the only team who hadn't done last season.    TS probably has more time in these boats than anyone, i think he was involved in the testing and development.   Don't mess with jimmy or he will chop your bows off. 

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
they were looking better on day 2 but way to many mistakes, two really shitty marks, on was over pinched and the other was way deep and slow
They got tangled up with Ben on a P/S approaching that bottom mark and yes, it ruined NZ’s best race; they were third or better at the time. 

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Kudos for Ben scraping into the final. Half way through race 5, he was not looking like he was going o make the final.  But aided and abetted by a terrible mistake from Spain, and the absence of USA and Japan due to the collision, Ben make sit through.

I deeply admire Ben's talents but I think Lady Luck smiled on them as well....because both Japan and USA had been ahead of Ben on Friday.

Sling was the most impressive over the weekend winning 4 of 6 races and coming 2nd in two.  Unfortunately for Tom, one of his seconds was the all important final and for that Ainslie owned it, covering when it was right to cover and breaking when it was ot right to cover. Masterly tactics indeed.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Kudos for Ben scraping into the final. Half way through race 5, he was not looking like he was going o make the final.  But aided and abetted by a terrible mistake from Spain, and the absence of USA and Japan due to the collision, Ben make sit through.

I deeply admire Ben's talents but I think Lady Luck smiled on them as well....because both Japan and USA had been ahead of Ben on Friday.

Sling was the most impressive over the weekend winning 4 of 6 races and coming 2nd in two.  Unfortunately for Tom, one of his seconds was the all important final and for that Ainslie owned it, covering when it was right to cover and breaking when it was ot right to cover. Masterly tactics indeed.
Yep, Slingsby was awesome but big kahunas by Ben too. 

FRA also impressed me greatly this weekend! 

crashtack

So will Jimmy get redress for getting kamikaze'd by Nate? Maybe NO got a bit too inspired by the flag on the wing?

Also really confused as to what the hell Pete was trying to do around the bottom mark in race 5. He was in a great spot to just jibe and make the other gate, instead he sits it down and points dead downwind to screw potentially his best race. Did he forget the boat has foils?

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Yep, Slingsby was awesome but big kahunas by Ben too. 

FRA also impressed me greatly this weekend! 
Yes , agreed on FRA and Besson. Genuine French team with Billy on helm and Francois on Flight. Nice to borrow Leigh from UK on wing but all in all a team that has progressed a lot from Season one....and nice guys as well.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
So will Jimmy get redress for getting kamikaze'd by Nate? Maybe NO got a bit too inspired by the flag on the wing?
Yes, was curious about how the points would be awarded in that situation. Being as USA was not at fault (right?) maybe the right thing would have been to award them their place at the time, I think 4th. 

No idea how to score it properly after that, when neither could race again.. I suppose it’s motivation to teams to not get too damn close, whether you have rights or not? 

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Amazing to me, how the JPN bow got sliced almost clean off when they went up and down the USA stay. 

The steering on USA got broken too in that incident, somehow. You could see the rudders flopping around at different angles after the hit.