Sailing Anarchy getting sued for libel and slander

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMP

Anarchist
SF Bay
You'd think that Ed's Counsel would have spelled ANARCHY correctly at the end of the document. Kind of adds a bit to the authenticity of having a lawyer with a brain.

I submit my evidence to the Jury. Unless they cleverly disguised / changed the name of their LLC/monthly_10_2010/post-7575-072728900%201287065321_thumb.jpg/monthly_10_2010/post-7575-072728900%201287065321_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• Sailinganarchy.jpeg.jpg
    Sailinganarchy.jpeg.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 2

smackdaddy

Super Anarchist
SmackDab, Middle
That document was clearly not meant for pubic consumption on Sailing Anayrch.

I'm telling you, this whole thing is more entertaining than "Cougar Town".

Last edited by a moderator:

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland
I like the part where they claim that what they said was true ("But he is a grifter, your Honour. And he does eat a lot of bacon and mayo sammies"), and that there is no hatred or ill will on the part of SA, Ed or Clean towards DM.

The guys who wrote this owe me a coffee and a keyboard. That's some good comdey right there.

Hey, spellcheck takes time, and when you're dealing with lawyers, time is money. Cut them some slack. ;)

I like the part where they claim that what they said was true ("But he is a grifter, your Honour. And he does eat a lot of bacon and mayo sammies"), and that there is no hatred or ill will on the part of SA, Ed or Clean towards DM.

The guys who wrote this owe me a coffee and a keyboard. That's some good comdey right there.

Hey, spellcheck takes time, and when you're dealing with lawyers, time is money. Cut them some slack. ;)
Where's the link?

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland

Where's the link?
It's on the mythical front page Grumps

isma

Super Anarchist

Did Cougar Town have a "nineth" episode? I think the same person wrote DM's initial complaint and the SA response; maybe were fired for the mistakes in the original and picked up by SA's firm. I call the two initial documents a tie with regard to attention to detail. I'd still like to know what really happened when Ed met with DM/BB, not just the SA-version.

From the response:

"As a Nineth(sic) separate and distinct affirmative defense..."

Last edited by a moderator:

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland
Are people sure this is Real. If you read the actual complaint from the first post is states" Tempsta exchanged Emails with a woman.. on or around August 21, 2010. This lawyer can see the future. Some kind or Minority Report? They then reference a conversation that occured around August or Sptember 2010.

Yes I know probably a mistake, but really who makes a mistake like that on a Legal document and does not proofread before filing? Seems a but wierd?

I thought this was worth remembering....

Where's the link?
It's on the mythical front page Grumps
That's a jungle for me. It takes about a day to open here.

Where's the link? (Help a bloke out)

smackdaddy

Super Anarchist
SmackDab, Middle
I think my favorite is Defense 26:

Privilege - Statements Made Without Malice: The statements complained of in the Plaintiff's First Amended Complaint were made without any feeling by defendant of hatred or ill will for Plaintiff and in the context of this answering Defendant's business, as well as a conversation and electronic mail message. The alleged statements, if made, were communicated to a party interested in the subject matter of the communication, who requested that this answering Defendant make the statement and therefore is eligible for qualified privilege....

cute-puppy-dog-wallpapers.jpg

SA: "Your Honor, those bad people made me say those bad things. And, anyway, those bad things I said were not really bad because I meant them in love."

JUDGE: "I see your point. Case dismissed! [gavel] And damn you're a cute puppy SA."

DoRag

Super Anarchist
On page 6 of the Tempesta / Block response that is posted on the SA front page it says:

"22. Matter of Pubic Concern: The allegedly defamatory statement of which Plaintiff complains related to a matter of pubic concern and thus is constitutionally protected in the absense of fault."

When I first saw the word Pubic I assumed it was a simple typo. But when I saw it used a second time I started to think that maybe Tempesta / Block are not telling us the whole story.....
Maybe we get to see some pics?

Team Subterfuge

Anarchist
San Diego
SA's choice of counsel is interesting. The firm profile for Mr. Kennedy states that his practice focus is construction defect litigation.

However, SA may not have had much choice in selecting counsel since it appears that Mr. Kennedy's firm is typically hired by insurance companies to represent insureds - so, SA may have had insurance and the insurance company hired Mr. Kennedy.

isma

Super Anarchist
On page 6 of the Tempesta / Block response that is posted on the SA front page it says:

"22. Matter of Pubic Concern: The allegedly defamatory statement of which Plaintiff complains related to a matter of pubic concern and thus is constitutionally protected in the absense of fault."

When I first saw the word Pubic I assumed it was a simple typo. But when I saw it used a second time I started to think that maybe Tempesta / Block are not telling us the whole story.....
Maybe we get to see some pics?
Brought to you by Joe's Crab Shack?

ill wind

Danny Boy will learn too late " never to pick a fight with someone who buys their ink by the gallon."

Preciction: Danny Boy will regret that he ever heard the word " sailing."

sailflat

Super Anarchist
I think that with a little research one may find that Mr Kennedy has been a sailing hack for years.

He also may be managing partner at the firm.

I am smelling a reduced billing rate.

I wonder if the partners know he is doing cut rate work for Scott and Clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.